• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Disk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Affect your OC ability... I dunno. I wouldn't think so though.

As for how to make one, look on the net for ramdisk programs. Or try RamDisk98 (dunno web site), which is a great shareware program. You can auto save images of your ramdisk before shutdown, and reload them on startup. And you can auto save images of the ramdisk every X seconds (in case your computer freezes for some reason ;) ). I would suggest it. (I think it may have had an upgrade and name change though.... Look on SETI's web site links page for it.)

Ummmm.... You could allways use other programs, but I don't know how well they work.

JigPu

Ramdisk is the best I've seen. I posted a copy of the NT version for somebody not long back. I cannot get the autosave feature to work on mine. Some people think running Seti from ram will speed it up, but it doesn't do much. Best thing it does is let you turn your hard drive off without affecting Seti performance. It can speed up other things though - for instance putting swap files into ram helps Photoshop big time, but you need lots of ram. I only use that feature on my main desktop with 1 gig of ram. Just do a search for ramdisk 98 or NT (the same company offers both versions) and you'll find it.

Back