• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 5600 and OC problems... please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gravisdaves

Alright, to start things off, im new to overclocking my video card. I am an unsatisfied geforce fx5600 card owner and want to draw more power out of my card. i have unlocked the cool bits part of my drivers which are standard nvidia 56.72. however, with this soft oc i achieve absolutly no increase, when i bump my frequencies and test my new settings, the test fials and im left with my same old 325/400 clock speeds. I have a couple of thermometer points on my case so i hooked one up to the gpu(85+-5 degreesF) and ram(80+-5 degreesF) on my vid card. I was wondering if these temps are to high? and also will i gain performance with omega drivers?

gravisdaves said:
Alright, to start things off, im new to overclocking my video card. I am an unsatisfied geforce fx5600 card owner and want to draw more power out of my card. i have unlocked the cool bits part of my drivers which are standard nvidia 56.72. however, with this soft oc i achieve absolutly no increase, when i bump my frequencies and test my new settings, the test fials and im left with my same old 325/400 clock speeds. I have a couple of thermometer points on my case so i hooked one up to the gpu(85+-5 degreesF) and ram(80+-5 degreesF) on my vid card. I was wondering if these temps are to high? and also will i gain performance with omega drivers?
my fx 5700 runs at 95F or 35 C +- 2C.... at 460/500 (default is 425/500)

... fx 5700 also flinkers in windows... and often reboot me... this blows.

Back