• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800XT to X800Pro. Where's the Overdrive tab????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tjr1973

Does the X800Pro support one? I read in hard ocp that it does and one guy said he had to enable ati hotkey poller or something. I can't find that anywhere. It's a Sapphire card with ATI 4.6 Cats. Any help is appreciated.

When you install the drivers, everything will load that's necessary. You did reinstall drivers when you changed cards, right? If not, reinstalling drivers will open the Overdrive tab. And yes, you have to leave the ATI hotkey poller on automatic in services (that's the default setting after installing drivers, shows up as ati2evxx.exe in Task Manager) for Overdrive to work.

Everything is running in services and it's showing up in the start up tab. Yet, I still have no overdrive tab. I reinstalled the drivers and that didn't work either. When my 9800XT fried, I uninstalled the ATI drivers and installed an NVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 to use until I got this card. I uninstalled those drivers before I installed the X800Pro. Could this be causing some sort of issue?

I doubt even remnants of the nVidia drivers would cause this, but who knows. Sorry, I can't think of anything else. I just know that before I got my X800 Pro, I always disabled the hotkey poller after installing drivers on my 9700Pro. When I did this with the X800 Pro, the Overdrive tab disappeared. Hope someone else knows the answer, or you find it yourself. Good luck.

Back