• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick help with mounting sk-974u

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i read their site , but it didnt help much. how far do you screw the standoffs into an amd board. i noticed for intels you use both plastic washer , but only one on amd. i tried the criss-patern and there is always one stand off that tightens more. am i suppose to use a tool to tighten the standoffs?

also how tight do i tighten the screws that go into the standoffs and hold the hs to the mobo?

thanks in advance :attn:

fhanderson said:
The spring loaded screws should be tightened in a criss-cross pattern until they bottom out.
whoa , are you serious? that's pretty tight. anyway thanks for the help, now i can install my hs. hope i dont break my core by tightening it that much.

wow , i love this hs. it's already a 7.5C drop idle without the as5 breaking in. i also did a sucessful L12 mod. added hs to the mosfets and to the voltage regulator chip.

Last edited:
Is that temp drop being compared to the stock HSF?

Just wondering, cause I have a barton 2500 using stock HSF, but my slk-947u arrives this Tuesday with AS5, ill be using a 92mm panaflo with it

I didn't get that much drop though, with all things I did (stated in my other thread), i only get ~5-7C drop.

btw, I tighten the standoffs just so they wouldn't move anymore when i share the backplate. Not too tight

As for the springloader screws. I just tighten them when my screw driver halt. I didn't use any force to over turn it to bottom out.

btw, I thought their manuals said that you only need to use one of those plastic washers between the board and the stand offs and those metal washers between the springloaders screws and the HS plate???

nkcd said:
I didn't get that much drop though, with all things I did (stated in my other thread), i only get ~5-7C drop.

btw, I tighten the standoffs just so they wouldn't move anymore when i share the backplate. Not too tight

As for the springloader screws. I just tighten them when my screw driver halt. I didn't use any force to over turn it to bottom out.

btw, I thought their manuals said that you only need to use one of those plastic washers between the board and the stand offs and those metal washers between the springloaders screws and the HS plate???
yeah i only used one ,but the p4 mounting that i read said 2 . o well. that temp drop is compared to an sk7 lapped with a 39cfm sunon and as3. that's a pretty big drop since the sk7 is not a bad hs at all.

Back