• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem installing audigy help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i just took my system apart to put my new hs on yesterday. today i noticed in device manager there is and (!?) multimedia audio controller. i never saw it before , at least i dont remember. i tried reinstaling the drivers twice , but it's still there. my sound is working fine as i played desert combat and listened to music last night and earlier today. what the heck is wrong?

It might be the onboard sound device is enabled but no driver is installed for it? Try disabling onboard sound in the bios.

At least everything is working fine though

stratcatprowlin said:
It might be the onboard sound device is enabled but no driver is installed for it? Try disabling onboard sound in the bios.

At least everything is working fine though
damn . that must be it. thanks i set everything else up in the bios except that. :bang:

Could also be something seperate like a WDM driver for a video card for example...

If you really don't know what it is, you could always simply disable it if your system runs fine.

Back