• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acronis True Image 7.0 gets my Thumbs up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fightingpiper

Well had been using 6.0 and got 7.0. It has a new Disk Cloning which copies a hard drive to another so I thought I'd give it a try (always wanted my OS on my 8mb cache HD). Well everything seems to be working great after the copy over.

It did everything-partitioned new drive into C & D and copied over from the old one. The drives were even of different sizes. The old one was a 2MB cache 120gig and the new one was a 80gig 8mb cache. It had to make smaller partitions on the new drive and did so automatically and flawlessly. Can't say enough good things about this program. Was the best image backup software now it has some nice new features.....

I have had my finger on the submit order button since you posted this program in my thread about disk spanning software. Definitely going to pick this one up and give it a try now.

Disputant, I will see if it will write to DVD's sometime today and let you know . I want to make sure before you run out and buy it. I know it will span Cd's but I might have been wrong about it writing to DVD's which would be a shame......

Even if it doesn't span DVDs, it may still be a good viable option for a backup to my external USB2 hard drive. If it does DVD spanning too, well that is just icing on the cake. Thanks for checking that out!

Back