• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any body out there capturing analog video with Geforce FX 5200 / vivo/VTD any brand ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

julian

Registered
any body out there capturing analog video with Geforce FX 5200 / vivo/VTD any brand ?

Hi,

If there is anybody out there in the universe who can do analog capture with these cards, please let us know.

Just post your specs for enlightment of the rest mere mortals....

I am pretty sure there is a colission for resources... I have rebotted 30 times my PC today and I see a pattern.

After blue screen, my computer will not boot anymore. I have to disconnect the network cable ( I presume to avoid some kind of initialization) or if I am lucky and I can start in safe mode, disable the network interface.

With network disabled, after blue screen ( the usual suspect nv4_mini.sys ) I can reboot without problems, eitehrwise forget it...

Currently, I manage to see color video ( and movement ) when I put into capture mode in Ulead. However, as soon as I request it to start capturing, .... blue screen.

I have dig the whole internet and a lot of people is under the same hassle from all vendors selling video-in FX series.

I have already gone to safe mode, uninstall everything possible and installed piece by piece from start... same results.
any hints I will try.

JCG

MSI K7D master 2xAMD (XP/MP) 2600 1GB ram
2 Seagate 120GB
PSU Qtec 400W ( I know I know... not popular.... but it has been working for me for 1.8 years without a glich and believe me, I put this box under a hard test with full CPU, encoding MPEG for a full weekend and it is fine.... still does if I capture via firewire and later encode... it is just the f%c$k&$in*g WMD that screws up everyting...)
FX5200VTD128
DVD LG

try finding a program that can completely remove all drivers for the nvidia card. The uninstall could have left files that are screwing things up

Back