Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member Private Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Europe

    Droop-mod random bluescreens

    I get random bluescreens "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" since I droop and Vdimm modded my P4C800E...
    Has anyone experienced this?
    Is it possible, that the mosfets overheat?

    My V-rails are pretty stable..
    12v drops to 11.92v
    5v drops to ~5.1v
    3.3v drops to 3.25v
    With poti at ~10kOhm (enough) my Vcore drops from 1.568v to 1.536v.
    Im pretty sure, that my mod is done well...
    Last edited by Private Joker; 06-28-04 at 01:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i plan on doing the vdroop mod this weekend. from what i've read 28KOhm is the recomended resistance. did you try it? what were the results?

  3. #3
    Member Private Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Orka
    i plan on doing the vdroop mod this weekend. from what i've read 28KOhm is the recomended resistance. did you try it? what were the results?
    Yes I tried several settings. I lowered it to 10kOhms, because a load voltage of 1.536v is enough for me. At 28kOhms it drops to 1.552v. At 40kOhms+ it almost doesnt drop at all.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    wash dc area
    what is droop mod? (ihave an abit) is it a mod to keep the vcore stable??

  5. #5
    Member Private Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by flapperhead
    what is droop mod? (ihave an abit) is it a mod to keep the vcore stable??
    exactly

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Joker
    Yes I tried several settings. I lowered it to 10kOhms, because a load voltage of 1.536v is enough for me. At 28kOhms it drops to 1.552v. At 40kOhms+ it almost doesnt drop at all.
    I never seen anybody doing 10k, I usually saw people doing above 28k, you probably are getting blue scree beauce your cpu is out of juice, under load cpu requires certain amount of power to stay stable,
    Dell XPS 1330 T8300, 4GB PC6400, LED Monitor, DVD Burner, Intel 4965 wireless, Bluetooth 360, 9cell battery, Windows Vista Ultimate, Remote

    Q9550, Gigabyte ex38 ds4, 4GB Corsair Dominator PC8500, evga 8800gt, Corsiar 520w psu, WD 640GB HD, LG Eide Dvd Burner, Antec P182

    HEATWARE

  7. #7
    Member Private Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by meionm
    I never seen anybody doing 10k, I usually saw people doing above 28k, you probably are getting blue scree beauce your cpu is out of juice, under load cpu requires certain amount of power to stay stable,
    Im not sure, because I dont know what effect the mod exactly has on the vcore....
    My experience is:
    If you lower the resistence, the vcore drops more.
    When you raise it, the vcore becomes more stable.
    The mod tricks the vcore regulator, by "telling" him that the CPU needs more juice...thats what I think.
    Well, ive set it to 30kOhms now for testing purposes. I tell you if it helps.

  8. #8
    the purpose of drop mod to keep the voltage as close the the voltage selected in bios, without drop mod let say your cpu will run stable at voltage 1.44 you have to select in bios 1.575 or more, with the drop mod running correctly you select in bios 1.55 or what ever is close to that, the drop mod not only takes care of voltage dropping but also voltage overvolting when idle, asus probe usually shows more vcore than the one selected in bios but with drop mod it's taken care of
    Dell XPS 1330 T8300, 4GB PC6400, LED Monitor, DVD Burner, Intel 4965 wireless, Bluetooth 360, 9cell battery, Windows Vista Ultimate, Remote

    Q9550, Gigabyte ex38 ds4, 4GB Corsair Dominator PC8500, evga 8800gt, Corsiar 520w psu, WD 640GB HD, LG Eide Dvd Burner, Antec P182

    HEATWARE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •