• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Droop-mod random bluescreens

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Private Joker

I get random bluescreens "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" since I droop and Vdimm modded my P4C800E...
Has anyone experienced this?
Is it possible, that the mosfets overheat?

My V-rails are pretty stable..
12v drops to 11.92v
5v drops to ~5.1v
3.3v drops to 3.25v
With poti at ~10kOhm (enough) my Vcore drops from 1.568v to 1.536v.
I´m pretty sure, that my mod is done well...

Last edited:
i plan on doing the vdroop mod this weekend. from what i've read 28KOhm is the recomended resistance. did you try it? what were the results?

Orka said:
i plan on doing the vdroop mod this weekend. from what i've read 28KOhm is the recomended resistance. did you try it? what were the results?

Yes I tried several settings. I lowered it to 10kOhms, because a load voltage of 1.536v is enough for me. At 28kOhms it drops to 1.552v. At 40kOhms+ it almost doesnt drop at all. :)

Private Joker said:
Yes I tried several settings. I lowered it to 10kOhms, because a load voltage of 1.536v is enough for me. At 28kOhms it drops to 1.552v. At 40kOhms+ it almost doesnt drop at all. :)

I never seen anybody doing 10k, I usually saw people doing above 28k, you probably are getting blue scree beauce your cpu is out of juice, under load cpu requires certain amount of power to stay stable,

meionm said:
I never seen anybody doing 10k, I usually saw people doing above 28k, you probably are getting blue scree beauce your cpu is out of juice, under load cpu requires certain amount of power to stay stable,

I´m not sure, because I dont know what effect the mod exactly has on the vcore....
My experience is:
If you lower the resistence, the vcore drops more.
When you raise it, the vcore becomes more stable.
The mod tricks the vcore regulator, by "telling" him that the CPU needs more juice...thats what I think.
Well, i´ve set it to 30kOhms now for testing purposes. I tell you if it helps.

the purpose of drop mod to keep the voltage as close the the voltage selected in bios, without drop mod let say your cpu will run stable at voltage 1.44 you have to select in bios 1.575 or more, with the drop mod running correctly you select in bios 1.55 or what ever is close to that, the drop mod not only takes care of voltage dropping but also voltage overvolting when idle, asus probe usually shows more vcore than the one selected in bios but with drop mod it's taken care of

Back