• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton System Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GonePostal

I've decided I'm going to build a mobile barton system, but I'm not up to date with the latest hardware. This is going to become my longterm gaming PC, and I'll need it to last 2-4 years. I want to build this system for overclocking, gradually pushing it faster and faster with more extreme methods. I don't mind modifications and tinkering, but I don't want to have to change the hardware any time soon. I'd prefer to get it right the first time. If anyone has experience with the hardware, feel free to comment.

Starting with the processor and later the mobo.
1. What speed? The end goal is a high clock speed. 2400, 2500, 2600?
2. What power rating, 35W or 45W?
3. What stepping? There are so many, I'm not sure which are good and bad.

2400, 2500 or 2600 all seem to have similar results...

I have to stay honestly though I've personally seen the best results from 2500s, with my own chip (being able to take it stable at 1.95 volts to 2700 mhz) and with people posting results.

Voltage... meh, your choice... both voltages are lower then any desktop barton, I don't see much of a difference.

As far as stepping, I'm not sure you can "choose" what stepping you get. Mostly all of the moblies seem to be excellent overclockers though, so I wouldn't worry too much.

You should think about getting PC3500 ram to go with the system if you plan on overclocking it (the fsb at least) as well as a large power supply and some good cooling.

***500th post :) - 5 stars ***

Back