• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS Micro ATX with 1900+ mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demonghast

I'm looking at picking up this board this weekend.

http://mirror.memoryexpress.net/ProductDetail.php?DisplayProductID=4262

I was looking through the CPU database though and didn't see the mobile 1900 listed... is this just an oversight? Has anyone had a chance to play with one of these? I was thinking of buying the combo for a custom case I want to build to save on costs since I won't be o/cing it the ECS brand name doesn't really bother me. Neither does the fact it's a via chipset.

Figured I could swap out the CPU and play with it in my NF7-S board and then change up the CPU in the mini board permanently for a Duron 700 or I saw for around $40 CND.

*bump* :D

So nobody has used a 1900 mobile? Even searching through the forums only turned up a very small handfull of posts saying that these chips could be mad over clockers... but no results of voltage and temps....

i wouldnt get that ECS, i've had horrible luck with ECS. I went through 7 boards in 2 months. DOA, well when i put it in my comp after i got it from the store.

Might help if the link worked ;)

I've seen quite a few ECS boards where the chip is soldered to the board, so don't get your hopes up about swapping parts too much. The chip is almost certainly one of:
() AXMS1900GXS4C (25W Barton at 1466MHz, 266MHz FSB, uPGA)
() AXMD1900FVQ3B (35W TBred A at 1600MHz, 200MHz FSB)
() AXMD1900FVQ3C (35W TBred A at 1600MHz, 266MHz FSB)
() AXMD1900GJQ3C (35W TBred B at 1600MHz, 266MHz FSB, uPGA)
() AXMH1900FLQ3C (45W TBred A at 1600MHz, 266MHz FSB)
() AXMH1900FQQ3C (45W TBred B at 1600MHz, 266MHz FSB)

A uPGA chip will not fit into a "normal" socket-A socket, and vice versa. From an overclocking point of view, you want the 25W Barton one, but the TBred B's should do fine as well.

Yeah sorry about the link. Seems their website is having problems during the holiday here (Canada Day). The board is listed as a L7VMM3_Pro3100A+ w/Athlon XP 1900+

I'm going to give them a call when they are open tommorow and ask them a little more about it before I decide to stop by their store. The board and CPU are listed for $149CND which seems like an ok deal to me. I've seen other micro atx boards for sale for $75 of about the same caliber but cheapest new AMD cpus I can find are $105 for a mobile 2400+

I guess the only real problem is that this board isn't listed on the Elite Groups website. Kind of makes me wonder.....

Ok called them and yes the CPU is soldered onto the board. So I scrapped that idea and lucked into a cheap 2500+ Barton. Now I just need to find a good mATX board to give it a home.

Back