• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need power connector to my floppy drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EgoFumPapa

i just got my new power supply (pcp & p 510dlx) today, and ofcoursei happily installed it right away. one problem i have on my hands now is that the power supply only has one of the smaller connectors to go to a floppy drive. sorry, i dont know the name of the little guy. the thing is, that i need one to power my 9700pro as well. ive never taken apart connectors on a power supply before, but i assume i can just replace a regular molex with a smaller one. any info on where i can get an adaptor or a smaller connector, and how to switch it?

You could just remove your floppy. They are almost usless now. Then later add a USB header where the floppy is now ;) and nab a $10~20 pen drive MB for MB the cheaper and safer solution.

Unless you are using SATA, then I see no reason for a floppy. Just make sure you have an older pc with one in it, in case of an emergency. ;)

Back