• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone ever remove kingston hyperx ramsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

anyone ever remove the ramsinks to their hyperx? i bought some hyperx like a year ago... and i want to buy another stick, although i'm not sure that kingston uses the same memory chips anymore. i want to check the one that i have right now.. only thing is i'm a bit iffy on how to remove the ramsinks, and how to put them back on. Anyone wanna help a guy out?

I removed both heatspreaders off my Kingston HyperX. I don't think you will be able to get them back on after you remove them. Mine bended quite a bit while removing them & also the tape gets completely worn out after removing. I just grabbed the heatspreader on both sides & pryed away from the memory to get the heatspreaders off. Took some force to get the tape to let go of the stick of memory, but that should do it.

i've removed quite a few ;)

what i did:
-pry off the two clips with a small flatheaded screwdriver
-pop them in the freezer for 5 mins (in anti-static bag)
-pry off heatspreaders with hands
-let warm up

easy as pie

Back