• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm new to modding... please help me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

hey guys i am new to modding.. the most i simply modded my comp ever before was just spray painting some drives black.... but today i got a hold of my sister's case which is now my case :p. Anyhow its a plain old beige case with really bad air circulation... SO what i did is i colored the front bezel red, and the drive bays black. I then proceeded to paint the rest of the case black. I had a fun time doing it. (I guess you could say that this was really my first project)... I'm looking at other possibilities... i want to stretch the wealth of modding knowledge i have, and for my next project... (which is going to come up soon) i plan on modding my case for my comp... well the comp i am going to build (ic7g max2 p4 3.0c with a gig of ram i'm going to use my old video card... radeon 9600 pro...) i plan on buying the beige noblesse case from newegg...

My question is anyone have any ideas of what i could do with it/ anything cool to do with it period?

i want to learn how to do all of those cool looking lights you guys have up, and make case sleeving... maybe even installing my own custom window.... i just want it to come out nice...

sorry i don't have a digital camera... can't show you guys what i did on my sisters comp :(

Last edited:
the best advice is too look around on what other modders have done a brilliant example of this is this thread brilliant first time mod! , this is a really good example of one or even take a look at some of the stickyed mods like the "Project: Fush Zero" - a good step by step guide.

As far as mods go it a case of what u think you can achieve a case window is a good place to start along with painting - the latter you been able to do.
It case of what ever rocks your boat really all my advice is, is to take it one step at a time and make sure you do a good looking job that you will b proud of! Lighting is a good way to show off your case just make sure its tastful - not try to use a cathold for every colour under the rainbow :mad: .

Good luck and lets have some pics of your modding skills on your sisters case!!!

Phil

i'll see if i can get a friends digital camera... (or pick one up for myself somehweres :) ) if not i guess i'll take regular pictures and just scan them in... i still need to paint the outer part of my sister's comp... probably have it all done, and set up tommorow!

oh i forgot to mention... i also modded the mouse and keyboard to look similar to the case...

I'd say start with a plan (like an overall theme or color scheme) for the whole computer and then go from there. I think that cutting some extra fan holes (any size above 80mm) in some key places in the case and installing some LED fans or some of those chrome evercool fans is always an easy, funtional, and good looking way to improve/mod your case. Other than that, you can basically get as CrAzY as you want!!! :beer:

my advice be yourself when you make the projects dont imitate (well somethings you just cant avoid but) make it your own works have fun and god knows you newbes dont cut your finger off LOL have fun and mod till there is no tomarow>>>>

okay i am talking to my sister to see if she can ship me her digital camera from PA... hopefully she can. (we're in negotiations... she say's no, di on't stop bothering her until she say's yes :p) currently planning my next mod... when i get some concept designs and stuff i'll scan them in for you guys.

okay FINALLY my sister gave me her camera!!! i have the pictures of the case saved on my computer... (and YES NOW I HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA!) its a pretty crappy camera (as you'll see once you see the pictures) but hey its still a camera... anyone know a place that'll host the images???

Back