• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5900se

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hrhrhrFOOT

Well, today i went over to compusa to try my hand at getting a 6800gt for 280 dollars with the 30% of pny cards coupon to no avail. It wasn't that they wouldn't accept it--they never even got any geforce 6800 cards at all, and by the time they would get it, the coupon would expire :(

However, this still leaves the 5900se selling for a very nice price of 153.99. Should i buy it? I mean, it doesn't seem bad for the price, and it's definitely the lowest i've seen so far. I can always sell it later so my loss in money wont be too large. What do you guys think? Using an old tnt2 isn't that great...i'm pretty impressed on how long this poor thing's been running, but i figure it's time to give her some rest :p

hrhrhrFOOT said:
Well, today i went over to compusa to try my hand at getting a 6800gt for 280 dollars with the 30% of pny cards coupon to no avail. It wasn't that they wouldn't accept it--they never even got any geforce 6800 cards at all, and by the time they would get it, the coupon would expire :(
A few months ago I went to Office Max to get a CD/RW that was free after a mail-in rebate. The rebate was only good for that week. It was out of stock but they let me pay for it then to get the rebate. The had some in the following week.

CompUSA on the phone said I could do the same thing and pay for it now to get the rebate. The only problem is would one come in time to get the UPC needed to mail in the rebate before the clock ran out. Normally you have only a few weeks to do so. I will go in Friday or Saturday to check on this in person. You might want to check on this yourself. Make sure they will make good on the rebate if it takes too long to get one. I have heard that some managers will do this if you are persistent.

The coupon expires on july 3-tomorrow.
Not only that, but they said they couldn't allow me to prepay for the card and use the coupon; evidently their headquarters sent out a message to all compusas to not allow people to preorder with the coupon :(

Thos bastages! :mad: They're supposed to honor the coupon and let you prepay for the item. Sort of like a raincheck when they advertise an item at a certain price, but it's sold out and they're restocking it. I hate those bums :rolleyes:

Back