• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eric's Ultimate Guide to TECs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TECs are fun stuff, but that basic concept has been tried and it turns out to have two issues:
1) With proper flow "before" and "after" don't really exist, water temps are within a degree throughout the loop.
2) The water block with the TEC on it freezes the water and eventually blocks the loop. Or is so low power that it doesn't contribute anything.

I do recommend you get a TEC to play with though, they're grand entertainment and don't cost that much.

See my thread - TECs are used wrong - they shouldn't be used to cool water under any circumstances. It is simply useless.
They transport/remove heat from the object - and still that process is not understood by people.
'Delta' doesn't mean that much in terms of heat power.

Go here: https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/conversions/power.php

Assuming you have 150W CPU - it generates 511.821 BTUs per hour
Take 100W TEC with 70% efficiency - it removes 238.85 BTUs per hour (341.21*70%)
Two TECs remove more than 470 BTUs/h - so you need 3 Peltiers like that removing more than 700BTUs per hour from the object
Result is 200BTUs spend for freezing the guy ;)

See my thread - TECs are used wrong - they shouldn't be used to cool water under any circumstances. It is simply useless.
They transport/remove heat from the object - and still that process is not understood by people.
'Delta' doesn't mean that much in terms of heat power.

Go here: https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/conversions/power.php

Assuming you have 150W CPU - it generates 511.821 BTUs per hour
Take 100W TEC with 70% efficiency - it removes 238.85 BTUs per hour (341.21*70%)
Two TECs remove more than 470 BTUs/h - so you need 3 Peltiers like that removing more than 700BTUs per hour from the object
Result is 200BTUs spend for freezing the guy ;)
Is it thread necro day?

Is it thread necro day?

Whatever if you don't want to educate yourself and be arrogant I can delete my thread today and find a different forum

Whatever if you don't want to educate yourself and be arrogant I can delete my thread today and find a different forum

Educate? The one that should be educating oneself is the one spamming old threads with unfounded accusations. Such as what I highlighted above. Where it clearly does work on Silver Surfers system

Back