• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the ic7 g and the ic7g max 2 the same thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

i notice that just about evey retailer is selling 4 ic7 motherboards from abit...

newegg sells firstly
the ic7 which is the cheapest...
then they sell the ic7 G max 2
finally they sell the ict G max 3

Zipzoomfly on the other hand sells
the ic7
then the ic7 G
and then the ic7g max 3

my questi nis is the ic7g and the ic7gmax the same thing but retailers are calling them different things???

update audiman they are the same thing. after readig your post, i went back to look at the pictures that newegg had for the ic7 g max 2... and the box of it siply say's ic7 g... so there you go, newegg is just naming them differently i guess...

The Ic7 has no on board lan. The Ic7G Does....but the ic7gmax is a typo. it doesnt exist. But the ic7 MAX 3 does exist and it has everything that the other 2 do and a fan and shroud for the capacitors and mosfets. So there you go.

Yep the Max-2 has LAN and two additional SATA ports. It also mentions being Prescott ready, though I seem to remember ppl running Prescotts on the IC7 too....I dunno.

AC

Back