• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

222 special confusion!!! This is odd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes they are the same. Mushkin like most RAM companies charge more for "duel packs". Also keep in mind these are discontinued so don't plan on upgrading size later. Buy the full amount you are planning now.

i don't think they are the same. i got corrected for making the same mistake a while back. the black level 222 in the first link is bh5, the normal 222 special in link 2 is ch5 i believe.

nope, afaik, this is how mushkin named their ram:
black level II: bh5
black level II 222special: bh6
black level I: ch5

Special 222 was never CH-5. Older "non-special" level 2 was BH-5 and only BH-5. "Special 2,2,2" has always been BH-6. I've seen this rumor a couple times now and I have no idea where it started.

No, they are bh5, all those old promo pc3200 are bh5, at that time there is no such thing as level 1 and level 2, those get started when winbond quit the ram market. Which drives the price for those chips up.

EDIT: Sorry, I just read on the official mushkin memory forum and they said those can be samsung chips too. http://forums.mushkin.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1236

Last edited:
glasszon said:
Sorry, didn't realise you posted about that already, I must have been very tired when I posted that. :bang head
Oh, nah. I was actually unsure about the promo builds but I figured they were like the original 3200's.
Clarification is always a good thing. :D

EDIT: AHHHH! I've turned into martha stewart.

Back