• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp went up a lot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i recently installed a slk947u with a sunon fan and as5. at first my idle was 32.5C and my load was around 38-40C. now im idling at around 39-40C . the only thing i have changed is a better psu. the ambient temps are a bit warmer , but i dont think they are 8C warmer. whats going on?

actually i think the psu it putting out less heat, i dunno im think it's just the summer heat too. it's freaking hot and humid in my basement right now. i would try to reseat my heatsink , but i already sat it once, then checked for even coverage of as5 because the hs is lapped, then i resat it a final time. i might reseat it again, but i doubt it's going to help.

You need to break-in AS5 for it to work perfectly...mine was like that too but the more you stresses it the better result you get in the end......slap some intake fans on your rig as the cooler air would do more of an effect than your heatsink.......

B.O.L
Vflux

What is the ambient room temp..Which PSU did you install? Double check all of the HS mounting screws for tightness...Also recheck the standoffs for tightness..What is your system temp, cpu, load and idle ..

the standoff's are good, i use a socket on a screwdriver to put them on, they arent going anywhere. i double checked the screws, they are tight. my ambient temps are around 25C . i put a sparkle 550w psu in. i have 2 front intakes, 2 back exhausts, 1 side panel intake, and the psu fan blowing out. my cpu is idling around 38 and load is around 43. system is around 25C idle and 26-27 load, it hardly changes from 25 though.

Thermalright-947U: 0.26 = C/W
Ambient room temp = 25°C
system = 26°C
Idle..... = 38°C
Diff. of 11°C

Load = 43°C
System to load is 0.17 C/W
The HS is working fine.. Your temp is good...Might go lower with a higher pressure fan on the SLK-947U..:)

To calculate what to expect for other CPUs, for every watt the CPU radiates, the heatsink will cool the core by the (C/W x watts) plus ambient temp. For example, at a fan inlet temp of 25 C, a C/W of 0.25 with a CPU radiating 50 watts means that the CPU temp will be 50 x 0.25 = 12.5 C over ambient temp, or 37.5 C.
Last, remember that in-socket thermistors are not accurate measures of CPU temps. Every heatsink affects an in-socket thermistor differently, as does airflow over the motherboard. There is no consistency between motherboards as well. At a minimum, you can factor +/- 5 C to these temps.

SOURCE LINK :drool:

Back