• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just built PC... odd problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

I just built my PC. I stuck my GeForce 3 and Geforce 2 in there till I get my 6800. The GF3 is AGP and the GF2 is PCI. When I booted the computer, I got the BIOS screen from my second monitor, on the GF2!

i haven't gotten into windows yet, but anyone know why it's doing this? Also, what's a good temp for memory? Right now mine is 35.3*C and slowelly climbing...

thx :)

Its probably a BIOS setting. Check for an option like 'primary display' where you should be able to choose between PCI or AGP - change it to the latter.

I just started a low level format and it tells me what LBA it is on and the max LBA. It took about 40 mins to do 10,000,000 LBA and the max is around 240,000,000. Is it just me or is this going to take like 15 days? If so does everybody really wait for this?

PCGUY112887 said:
I just started a low level format and it tells me what LBA it is on and the max LBA. It took about 40 mins to do 10,000,000 LBA and the max is around 240,000,000. Is it just me or is this going to take like 15 days? If so does everybody really wait for this?

People wait for this to try and recover drives with errors, and to make sure all the info on it is destroyed.

Ah, the errors thing is what I am after. I think I did something wrong... it should only take about 15-17 hours not days :p

Back