• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do?? GF4 MSI Ti4800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

falcx

I have a MSI Ti4800se 128m vid running at 305/610(stock 275/550). Ive experienced a couple issues in games running choppy or laggy. Im thinkin it could be the Vid, memory, or Motherboard. At present Im using the 56.72 dets. Ive tried various other drivers and had no luck. Would a new cooler to replace the stock one help out any?? And if so.........what are some recommendations for cooling fans and what is the process of lapping?? Thx.

I had a similar issue (280/580 :D ) and I replaced my AGP card to find it didn't cure anything. I hadn't killed anything after all.

I found that my Ti4200 w/8x stutters and hitches with 56.72 Forceware and below (49.xx and above). It locks up with some 60.xx drivers too. CoD and OpenGl especially.

Could be hardware failure, but in my experience.... it's usually the software....

Try a few drivers. 61.71 seems about the best recently for my cards.

Back