• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Baton 3000@166fsb but 200 will not boot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

I have a barton 3000 in a a7n8x-e deluxe board and when i go up to 200fsb it wont boot, even if i have the multiplier at 9.5. Will upping the voltage make it boot? current is 1.65v

Hey, I'm having the same exact problem that Jacobman had. I have a Barton 3000+ and the ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo with 400fsb. When I up the FSB in the BIOS to 200mhz my computer won't boot (same exact problem as Jacob).

I'm guessing that the same solution would apply to me, but I don't understand what you guys mean when you say to mess with the ram. I have a gig of Corsair 184 pin PC3200 ram. Is there something in the BIOS that I need to change in order to be able to set the FSB to 200mhz? Sorry for the newbie question, this is my first build and I've been learning all this stuff as I've built it.

PC3200 ram is meant to run at 200mhz so it will not be your problem, you will need more voltage on your cpu..try 1.7...if not try 1.75,,if not try 1.8...keep an eye on your temps too..the more vcore you add the hotter it will get.

Okay, I kept bumping up the vcore until I maxed it and it still didn't work. I had the FSB set to 200mhz and CPU Freq Multiple Setting at 10.5v. Should the FSB Spread Spectrum be at .50%? That's the default setting.

Any other ideas?

Pompey, If its a locked barton, keep the mulitplier at 11-its no use otherwise...also FSb should be at disable.

Pompey and Jacobman, What PSU so you have? What does you voltage rail read?

Like I said, I don't know a whole lot about all this so sorry if this seems dumb, but I'm not sure if it's a locked barton or not. I have this one. I'll change the FSB to disabled.

Also, my PSU is the 380W that comes with the Antec Sonata. I'm not really sure what you mean by the voltage rail. :(

Woot! It's running at 2.10Ghz now! I swear I've had it at this exact setting before, but it's working nonetheless. I've got the FSB at 200mhz, 11.0 multiplier, 1.7v vcore, and the FSB spread spectrum is disabled. I'm so happy right now!! Thanks for all the help guys. :D

Pompey said:
Woot! It's running at 2.10Ghz now! I swear I've had it at this exact setting before, but it's working nonetheless. I've got the FSB at 200mhz, 11.0 multiplier, 1.7v vcore, and the FSB spread spectrum is disabled. I'm so happy right now!! Thanks for all the help guys. :D

uhhh 200x11 = 2.2ghz, not 2.1ghz...
its registering as a 3200+ or a 3000+ 400fsb?

Back