• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hole making time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lat

Hey, i'm new to the whole case modding thing.

Anyways, i decided to drill some holes in my case.

For my 80mm blow holes, i have some fan grills i can use to draw out where to cut/drill and what not.
However, I need to make a 120mm hole for an intake fan, but unfortunately, i don't know how do do the measurements or what not. I read that I can use a cd as the size for the actual hole, but how do know where to drill the holes for the screws? (Edit: Just in case you're curious, yeah, i don't have the fan or fan grills yet, so i can't use them as rough guides. i don't think i'll have time to pick them up)
I also need the measurements for a 92mm duct on the side of the case, and i wouldn't know how to draw out how big it is.

Just wondering, does anybody have something i can print out to get the exact places/sizes of the holes? that would make it sooo much easier for me, as i'm a noob to this (and i only get to borrow a jig saw for one day [tomorrow], so yeah)

Thanks in advance

Well, here is what I would do.

Mark the center of where the fan will be mounted and put a small nail in the center mark. Next, Cut a string so that it will be exactly 60 mm long when tied to the nail. Then take a pencil and mark off where your whole will exist using the string as a guide.

Now, for the bolt wholes, they will be outside of the circle, so you'll be ok if you just cut the circle you marked earlier. You'll be able to mark off the wholes for drilling later, once you get the fan and grill.

Hope that helped.

googling? who woulda thought :p

man, i searched these forums for a good 20-30 min, and i coulda just googled it
haha, ocforums always gets me the answers, and for once it didn't :p well, it did this way, but you know what i mean

thanks Lunatic_Freak

Back