• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PowerStream 420w help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobmanfoo

Disabled
well i just got this psu, it looks great and has good currents: +3.3V@28A, +5V@30A, +12V@30A, has shielded dedicated molexs for hdd and vga too :clap: , anyway i was wondering what i should set the rails to since it has adjustable rails, i currently have it at 3.36V, 5.10V, 12.28V. are these rails ok? should i lower them to spec or go higher? thanks for the input

You need to use a digital multimeter to adjust the rails. Do adjustments while the CPU is under load. Run Prime95, Seti, Folding, ect. With my Antec True Control I have my rails overvolted by .05v. I do that so my rails don't dip down under spec.

ZachM said:
You need to use a digital multimeter to adjust the rails. Do adjustments while the CPU is under load. Run Prime95, Seti, Folding, ect. With my Antec True Control I have my rails overvolted by .05v. I do that so my rails don't dip down under spec.

well how much do they run? i know i won't add too much or to little because each rail has its own led. red if its above 5%, yellow if its below 5%, and green when its in between. but i was wondering if my rails posted in the original post are ok, or are they too high or not high enough. thnaks

The 12v seem a little high, but the motherboard sensors are inaccuate. My sensors are about .1v off depending on the rail. It under reads all of them. So I say turn down the 12v line a little bit. Try 12.10v. Remember, do it while the CPU is at load.

Multimeters can run from $20 to $100s. Radio Shack has some cheap ones. I wonder how accurate they are though. :rolleyes:

thanks, so what is a safe percentage over spec?
ZachM said:
The 12v seem a little high, but the motherboard sensors are inaccuate. My sensors are about .1v off depending on the rail. It under reads all of them. So I say turn down the 12v line a little bit. Try 12.10v. Remember, do it while the CPU is at load.

Multimeters can run from $20 to $100s. Radio Shack has some cheap ones. I wonder how accurate they are though. :rolleyes:

Back