• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is NOT a "catch-all" location

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

If your question or post is AMD related, post it under the AMD section!
If your question or post is Intel related, post it under the Intel section!

As the title says this is NOT a "catch-all" location and it is quite annoying to see some people not willing to take one more very small step and click on the apropriet subforum. There are plenty of members in the AMD and Intel forums too so do not worry about catching less traffic. It has gotten so bad in here I have personnally chosen not to even look at the threads in here and just skip over to the AMD or Intel forum.

Come on...I am on 28.8K dialup and even that does not detour me from clicking AMD...or Intel it is just one click. It really is not that hard.

If you have a topic relating to AMD AND Intel, or neither, and it relates to CPU's, dont worry about it.....it is fine to post it here.

Thanks.

I am no affiliated with overclockers.com or ocforums.com.....this is just my personal opinion and a reminder of the rules and where your thread really belongs.

I got the thread title from Shadow ÒÓ HERE:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=231035

BTW, at the time I am posting this thread...I just skimmed over the first page and counted 9 threads that are misplaced. If I looked harder I could probably find more. This has pretty much happened on a day to day basis ever since this layout has been created.

solution: banhammer

actually I vote for locking the forums to incoming n00bs until the current population grows up

I once went on a information mission, posting in the incorrectly placed threads about where they should be posted, was met with resistance by n00bs who were bothered that I wasn't contributing to the topic at hand, which has been covered many times before and could have been searched for.

Banning people isnt the best way to do things. I agree with what was proposed in Gautums thread. Lock the general sections and catagorize things. Forcing people to do things the right way.

Hey, I know! Let's lock everyone out of every forum until they've got 100 posts! Now we're talking cracking down on teh n00bies.

^^^ and how are they supposed to get their post up to get into that forum? What if someone has a CPU specifi problem? force them to post 100 times in O/S section?

lol

as i just put in the other thread

1st time - warning
2nd time - delete the thread no warnings

then maybe they will learn to put it into the right area.

Mr.Guvernment said:
^^^ and how are they supposed to get their post up to get into that forum? What if someone has a CPU specifi problem? force them to post 100 times in O/S section?

lol

as i just put in the other thread

1st time - warning
2nd time - delete the thread no warnings

then maybe they will learn to put it into the right area.
No, you still don't get it. I mean don't let them post in the O/S section. I mean don't let them post anywhere. Maybe in the "O/C Community" if they've been good little boys. That should cut down on that newbie posting. :D

For anyone who has still failed to grasp my sarcasm, btw, this suggestion wouldn't let newbies every get a post count above 0, thus locking them out of everything for good. Get it yet? Good.

But in all seriousness, the problem with your suggestion is that it simply requires too much moderation. This exact effort was started several months ago, and it just didn't work for this reason. The mods can't be babysitters policing the members on every last post. The general members need to take some responsibility too. However, it doesn't look like either will happen, which is why my proposal is to have a seperate General CPU's section and the AMD and Intel sections have their own in their own right.

Ive got a idea, make them read and agrea to the forum policies as part of posting a thread. I know that would have saved the one thread I have started and it will probably save a lot of work by the mods moving threads. I also think you should have a minumum number of posts before you can start threads.

Punishment
1st offense warning
2nd banned from posting threads without a mods approval for 6 months (that is when the mods have time to approve even if it waits for a week)
3rd banned from posting threads for 2 months
4th banned forever

Just my thoughts

Again, this means constant policing of the forums on the part of the moderators, and I mean essentially 24/7...

If the sections are simply reorganized, hopefully it will cause people to post in the proper section.

speed bump said:
Ive got a idea, make them read and agrea to the forum policies as part of posting a thread. I know that would have saved the one thread I have started and it will probably save a lot of work by the mods moving threads. I also think you should have a minumum number of posts before you can start threads.

Punishment
1st offense warning
2nd banned from posting threads without a mods approval for 6 months (that is when the mods have time to approve even if it waits for a week)
3rd banned from posting threads for 2 months
4th banned forever

Just my thoughts

are you kidding

what mod has the time to approve every post?

just reorganize so the same number of clicks are involvef to get into AMD/Intel/General

how it should have been from the start

I've got an even better idea.

Live and let die.

I agree that a firm and swift kick in the *** can work miracles, but we don't really need any miracles worked unless it's a member with more than three stars posting a brand-specific thread in this, the General CPU forum.

Speedbump - I will spare my political correctness and say that I think that's ludicrous. Everyone should be permitted to open a new thread--we're here to answer questions.

I don't think that there is an issue here, to be honest. The questions get answered, right? And a simple click on "move" could solve most of these problems anyway.

If you see something that you think could belong somewhere else, you are under no obligation to reply-to or open it anyway. A lot of questions are going to be repeats. That doesn't mean you flame the person who posted it. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to answer it even if you have seen it a million times. And no matter what you do there will _always_ be mis-posts. That doesn't mean that you go around banning people who do it. Live and let die.

*gets off of soapbox*

Ninja-edit-add: "Live and let die" because, if you don't reply to a thread that's misplaced, it dies by sinking to the bottom. *shrug*

I'm saying that the way that the forums are currently organized simply lends this area to being crapped. If we moved the AMD and Intel sections out of it, this problem would most likely go away.

heres an idea that expands on your idea, gautam.

here's how it sould be laid out

AMD CPU's
-A64's and A64 FX's
-Mobile Bartons
-Athlon XP's

Intel CPU's
-Old CPU's (like P!, PII, PII)
-Wilemette's and Northwoods
-All the new CPU's coming out and currently out (like the Prescott and others)

Generla CPU's

This would be very helpful and easy to find what you want, besides the search function. Also I agree with captain newbie, lets be nice to the n00bs and help them out, but a 3 Star or higher member is posting in the wrong place repetidly than some kind of A$$ woohping is in the forecast.

Back