• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new vga silencers!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

http://pcmoddingmy.com/content.php?review.81

nv0.jpg

the review says there will be a series 4 for the 6800 series

thats odd... the fans on those silencers... if the blades were pointing the other direction and moving the other direction, the cooling would be so much more efficient..

Jognt said:
thats odd... the fans on those silencers... if the blades were pointing the other direction and moving the other direction, the cooling would be so much more efficient..
actually no, if it were water yes, but with air it would cause too much turbulence and would reverse the airflow, you have the give the developers a little credit

you can always put the card in the freezer for a while and then attempt to get them off with a razor blade.

Jognt said:

wow you are right, that's what it looks like. but don't you think they have considered that?

With the fan that way the air has to circle around the curve before going over the heatsink. If they would turn the fan around the air would go straight out over the fins. It is odd they faced it that way...

i give up, why don't one of you guys shoot them an email and ask them why its like that.....come on guys give AC a little credit and you guys should've paid more attention in Phys I and II

However, it does not have a back plate as most FX 5900 graphic cards does not have memory chips placed at the back of the graphic card.

huh? just as many 5900 cards have memory on the back as 9800 cards do, all 256mb cards have chips on the back actualy just like the 9800, wonder why the 9800 warents the back memory plate but the 5900 doesn't.

bobmanfoo said:
why wouldn't they?

They are stuck hard with compound adhesive. Tried freezing... along with a few other things... they're fitted really, really well. On for good, permanent, stuck hard.

Nebulous can vouch for this :cry:

daba said:
Re: MrBozack:

Use thermal tape next time :).

SEKSUI tape works well and it comes off easily too.

Hmmm... looks like good tape. I will record for further use. ;) Thanks

The RAMsinks were stock though... not my doing :bang head

I would have bought a zalman heatpipe by now if I thought it would fit :(

Ccompared to previous video cards the artic silencer has been a better cooling solution to stock.

Looking at the new stock HS/F it doesn't look like the silencer is any better.

So other than a slower fan = less air = less noise = hotter card, what is so great about the artic silencer this time around?

It also looks like many of the stock HS/F are made to cool off the ram with extra pins on the extension.

the reason why the fan is pointed that is is because not only does the silencers cool your gpu but also the rest of your case as well. it takes all the air from around the surrounding area and pushes it through the hs fins and out the back out of the case.

Back