• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bought a BFG GF6800GT-OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i know i sound stupid but what is the difference between the 6800Ultra an the 6800GT and what does GT stand for?

Shawn123456 said:
i know i sound stupid but what is the difference between the 6800Ultra an the 6800GT and what does GT stand for?

The ultra has a different clock speed, and generally comes with faster ram.

GT = Great Times? :santa2:

So far the best 3Dmark score I got was 12,895 with the video card clocked to 420/1.1 - I have yet to push it further, but I probably will sometime this week.

Please guys, as you post stats on the 6800's, record your drivers. nVidia as yet to release 'official' drivers and I'd like to keep tabs on who's got what working.

PS, my ultra hits 12,500 3dMarks03, default settings, 61.11 drivers, that's the difference.

You got it.

PNY 6800GT

420 | 1180

Driver 6716

3d03: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2792397 --> 12,652
3d01: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7979070---> 23,170

When benching remember to set all tabs to Performance. nVidia has 2 settings. One for textures the other for aggressiveness. All these settings are under the Direct3D tab.

Just be sure ur not using high quality. Im just getting the hang of this myself. Im on day #2. Still trying to find a decent driver package.

Sentential said:
When benching remember to set all tabs to Performance. nVidia has 2 settings. One for textures the other for aggressiveness. All these settings are under the Direct3D tab.
Does everybody do this when posting their 3dmark scores?

Flashfx2 said:
Does everybody do this when posting their 3dmark scores?

Well it's more helpful in choosing a video card and what drivers to use for optimal perfomance :)

I luv BFG cards. So far this looks like the winner for me in price and performance :D

Nebulous said:
Well it's more helpful in choosing a video card and what drivers to use for optimal perfomance :)

I luv BFG cards. So far this looks like the winner for me in price and performance :D

The 6800GT line in general kicks ***. And I do agree, BFG is one of the best. Although I like PNY myself

Back