• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is doing this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaTE

like a week ago my screen went all wacko as like in the pic below, i was think the computer was over heating, so i shut it off and checked and everything was cool, so i restarted and everything was fine, then a few days later i opened up a website and my screen went like that agine, so i opened up the task manager and killed explore.exe and then restarted it and everything was back to normal, i went back to the site and it did it agine, so i loaded up some other websites and they all worked fine, so i restarted the computer and went back to the site that i was having the problem with and it worked fine, now tonight im getting it agine, but on another site, so can anyone tell me what is doing this?

Attachments

• whatswiththis.jpg
    whatswiththis.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 62
thats what i was thinking also, but why would it only happen at random when i goto websites? also what is hard to see in that pic is that its parts of the bf1942 interface, its the bf1942 interface is being scrambled and the over layed on to my desktop at random on websites:/

i think i would try 3 things then consider the card toast.

1. reinstall the vcard drivers
2. reinstall BF
3. do a clean format

su root here on the forum had a similar problem that was caused by his dying power supply. I've you've got a spare kicking around, or can borrow one from a friend, I'd suggest trying that alley first.

I had a similar problem when I out ran my power supply... Went away after switching to a friend's sparkle 400...

could it be java? i installed it like a week ago and then started to have the problem, i've uninstalled it, so i'll just wait till the end of the month and if i still have the problem, i'll buy a new PSU with the 9800pro i was planning on buying at the end of the month.

The screen corruption could also be caused by excessive AGP Frequency. If your board doesn't offer the option of locking the AGP bus, or lacks a divider which allows the bus to run at or as near as possible to 66MHz...then your OC may be causing the artifacts.

Last edited:
Back