• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick, What is the BEST Socket 754 mobo out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GigaHertzAddict

I need to get the BEST and FASTEST Socket 754 mobo WITH PCI and AGP clock locks. I'm selling my Abit KV8 to a friend because it doesn't have locks and is limiting my overclock. Thanks!!

The EPOX board based on the nFroce3 250GB chipset seems to be the favorite right now

EPOX? really? I'd think Asus would be the best? or no?

The problem with that abit board from what I read was that there are 2 versions. 1.0 and 1.1 The 1.0 doesn't support the PCI/AGP locks, but the 1.1 does. So when you order the board and you get a 1.0 you're screwed, so you're taking a chance. If anyone has this board, please verify this.

1. The Asus board just came out; rather, it has just appeared on newegg and zipzoomfly and at the moment we are unaware of it's capabilities in terms of stability and overclockability but I am sure this will change in the near future.

2. The EpoX board is in fact a new favorite for it's overclockability either rivals or excels above that of the MSI K8n Neo Platinum; unfortunately, this EpoX boards do not support mobile cpu's as of yet so that may change your decision.

3. The problem with the Abit KV8 series was changed with a bios update; it is a fully functional board and is a viable alternative to the NF3 250gb line of boards. If you do decide to go Abit know that they have chosen to abstain from the Nforce3 chipset for they feel that it too "unstable" for their likings. However, there are plenty of other manufacturers that can provide you with a great NVIDIA solution.

The choice is yours....

deception``

deception`` said:
1. The Asus board just came out; rather, it has just appeared on newegg and zipzoomfly and at the moment we are unaware of it's capabilities in terms of stability and overclockability but I am sure this will change in the near future.

2. The EpoX board is in fact a new favorite for it's overclockability either rivals or excels above that of the MSI K8n Neo Platinum; unfortunately, this EpoX boards do not support mobile cpu's as of yet so that may change your decision.

3. The problem with the Abit KV8 series was changed with a bios update; it is a fully functional board and is a viable alternative to the NF3 250gb line of boards. If you do decide to go Abit know that they have chosen to abstain from the Nforce3 chipset for they feel that it too "unstable" for their likings. However, there are plenty of other manufacturers that can provide you with a great NVIDIA solution.

The choice is yours....

deception``

So you're saying that whether I get version 1.0 or 1.1 the PCI/AGP locks will work? Also why is abit saying the nvidia is unstable? does it hold merit? And it it true that the VIA is faster and better?

The Asus board has some problems. (cool and quiet needs to be enabled to overclock, only 2.7volts on the memory) But a new BIOS should be able to fix it.

just go with the J version of the Epox you can't beat that good of a mobo for 99 dollars with a 250gb chipset

I have the ABIT board, If you order from NEWEGG you should get a 1.1 board. I have had both boards 1.0 & 1.1 & both did lock the AGP/PCI. Some off the very first boards did not lock but if you RMAed it to ABIT they fixed it.

For the last two weeks I have not seen anybody get a 1.0 board from NEWEGG, they all have been 1.1 boards. Just dont buy a refurb, get a new one.

The board is a sweat running board.

I have heard this about the 250gb chipsets, I cant say anything that would prove this.

There is alot of the EPOX boards out there that are showing very good results.

If I where going to buy a 250gb board the epox is the one I would buy.

But the VIA ABIT board has proven to be very fast & stable for me ( I like it all around). The sata raid works flawless on this board also.

It like the OCZ EB ram also.

There were a lot of people having quality issues with these boards, like blown caps, and not allways supported mobiles

Back