• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best nvidia card under $250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumbfish

pick me the FASTEST card from newegg please i will buy it.i need it for my new nf7,2600mobile.i will overclock the crap out of it.the computer will be in my cool basement maybe with a blower on the card.i dont care about features i just want super speed.

Well the best card your going to get under $250 is the 9800PRO, if you HAVE to have Nvidia I suggest saveing a tiny bit more and get a 6800NU for about $290 on newegg (and it comes with farcry) or find it somewhere cheaper.

The cheapest 5900 XT on Newegg is only $174.

or

if you don't already have Far Cry, this is a good deal.

because im not open minded .
i only want nvidia.so pick me out a card.i have the rest of the pc right here all i need is the card.if i save money i guess that doesnt hurt either
i just need the fastest NVIDIA card for the money.

Get the gainward gloden sample or the BFG OC. Both come with higher stock settings. The gainward is $194.

This is the NV section. If he wanted an open opinion it would be in the general video section. He dosent need a reason why. Some people just like NV and it suits them. Me personally. I would get the 9800 or 9700 even as I like the faster dx9. I am using my buddys 5800NU till I get a new card and its killing me.

I sold the ultra figuring it was a power supply issue that my pc keeps blue screening during boot, and I eventually tried my buddys 5800 which does the same thing. I figured I would get an x800pro vivo and flash it and save some money on a big PS. Now I wonder if its the MB or if the PS just sucks so bad it dosent matter what card I have. My MB is new because the other died. In FL we get alot of lightning and I have killed about 6 MB's due to electric surges.

Get the gainward gloden sample or the BFG OC. Both come with higher stock settings. The gainward is $194.
thanks

btw isnt the 6800 pci-e?
because i only have agp

i did.im not playing im buying this today if i have the time to be online.

im buying the gainward as soon as its back in stock it looks like a great card.

Back