• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Step-by-Step Tutorial on HotFlashing a Corrupted/Non-Working BIOS Chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting post Tmod, thanks.

Any recommendations on the best way to go about finding out this specific information... Do any companies make this information available?

Generally, it seems you are good so long as you stick within the same chipset, or possibly the same platform?

What I did awhile back was make a list of compatible chips. I had used the original information from various sources and put it together in a color chart.

Basically find your chip in the chart and whatever chips are in that color block are compatible.

Here is the link to it.

g0dM@n if you feel I am crapping on your thread please let me know as I feel I am just adding to your tutorial on this subject. I will remove my posts if you ask .

Tmod said:
What I did awhile back was make a list of compatible chips. I had used the original information from various sources and put it together in a color chart.

Basically find your chip in the chart and whatever chips are in that color block are compatible.

Here is the link to it.

g0dM@n if you feel I am crapping on your thread please let me know as I feel I am just adding to your tutorial on this subject. I will remove my posts if you ask .

I'M TAKING YOU TO COURT!!!

Dude, this is no problem at all. Maybe when I have the time/patience (hopefully this weekend) I will make the edits/adjustments. Keep giving me pointers, as it will only be helpful to others. I made this tuturial to share the wealth of knowledge, to help the ones who are unfamiliar with this technique. I, for one, was desperate when I had a problem with POSTing a long while ago. I did the HotFlash and felt victorious. Hopefully, this thread will make others feel as great as I did when I fixed my problem. I know several people have already been helped by this thread, although it still is not 100% complete.

By the way, I admire you, considering you are the first and only person who has ever spelled my name correctly in a post -- g0dM@n as opposed to godm@n, g0dm@n, etc...

Bump for my revised Tutorial. Let me know if it's good yet.

How did you go about removing the bios while your computer was running? It would probably be a good idea to get your technique.

There's the string under the bios technique.

what switches should I use for flashing my dfi nf4 bios on my abit nf7s?

yea...my nf4 bios corrupted and I was left with only my dads nf7s that has a bios socket. It would just freeze when I try to flash. I had to go buy an Ultra-D and flash some bios's and im back up and running. Now I have 3 chips flashed that are put to the side so this wont happen again :)

Its a shame you have to find out your board can corrupt the bios only after its already corrupted

You could have flashed your DFI chip in your NF7. You would have had to do it while the computer was running, and in dos. Then after flashing was complete you could have turned the machine off and put the nf7 chip back in.

Anyways, maybe next time I'll be able to help sooner. Sorry, most weekends are VERY busy for me.

Good news that you're up and running again, though!

Thats cool it got around a bit, you should also give it to the frontpage to see if they want to put it up. I did a search on the overclockers domain and saw on reference to hotflashing.

BTW, I was posting to say thanks for the guide, I plan to use it soon.

I.M.O.G. said:
Thats cool it got around a bit, you should also give it to the frontpage to see if they want to put it up. I did a search on the overclockers domain and saw on reference to hotflashing.

BTW, I was posting to say thanks for the guide, I plan to use it soon.
If you see any imperfections, please address them. I will take absolutely no offense by it. :)

Back