• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 mobile vs regular... which is better...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

okay guys, i saw today that newegg was carrying the a64 mobiles.... the mobiles are based on the clawhammer design.... and come with 1 mb l2 cache!

newegg is also selling the regular a64's based off of the newcastle core...
oddly enough, the one that i was looking at is based off of the drillhammer core... i've never even heard of this core...

which one should i get? i mean if i get a mobile, it'll use less power, and make less heat... so this would be beneficial to overclock, although i have heard that the clawhammer core is bad????

so is there any difference between thh clawhammer core, the newcastle core, and the drillhammer core? also, which one do you think i should get?

If I recall correctly there is some compatibility issues with some board and the mobile's other then that I guess we are waiting on the board make's to fix this problem before we go into the mobile world of A64.

All boards have issues with the mobiles, some dont even work, the ones that do have either major issues or minor. The mobiles are not worth it, just buy the Newcastle Or clawhammer Desktop's.

Actually, they work with a handful of boards. The Gigabyte K8N-S Pro is the best offering to date for mobiles.

Back