FREE 2gig Email!!

thanks to slickdeals.net
    you can register with msn and get a free 2gig email! plus it has pop3 forwarding so you can just use your outlook.

Its MSN email... It probably will come with 250 megs of free spam per day.
    No joke, one time I registered a Hotmail account (before I used SpamGourmet) and the first time I logged in, 5 minutes after it was created but before I signed up for anything with it, I had spam.

Also, if you think about it, doesn't POP3 defeat the purpose of gig+ webmail? They give you the space so you never have to delete anything. Downloading with POP3, you normally tell it to delete messages from the server. Oh well.

Yeah, I was worried about spam too, but so far so good. I think it behooves you not to click on any "interests" when registering for the email.
    I mentioned outlook just so people wouldn't have to deal with the msn interface. I believe if you specify not to dump the email in a personal folder it will stay on the server. Either way it's free and takes less than a minute to set up.

I think the purpose of 2 gig is so you can send very large files through the server...my road runner only lets me send files 6 megs and under....but i could be wrong about this.
    Don't Drown. It will ruin your day.

Heatware

I heard this deal was expried on a different form. Oh well, I'll try it tonight and see what happens.

And about the spam -> I've had a hotmail account for like 3 years now (same account) and have never got spam in it. I get a little but only b/c I signed up for newsletters but dont want them anymore. To my knowledge, I dont have any anti-spam stuff set up. It works good for me I guess.

just use gmail, a gig is nice

Ok well why does it say this account costs 19.95 per year. Someone is scamming us. Sign up and it is going to be deleted down to 200 mb or something worthless in a month when you dont pay.

The MSN® Hotmail® Plus yearly subscription of $19.95 plus tax includes 2 gigabytes of total MSN Hotmail account space, the ability to send larger attachments, no graphical ads, access to the MSN Hotmail mailbox via Microsoft® Office Outlook® or Outlook Express, exemption from the account expiration policy and 30MB of MSN Groups storage. Refund only available if canceled within one month from purchase. You must agree to the MSN Subscription Agreement to access the service. A valid major credit card is required. At the end of your current MSN Hotmail Plus subscription period, you will have your subscription automatically renewed, and your credit card will be automatically charged for the price which is current at that time, until you cancel your subscription or select an alternative plan. Prices and services subject to change. MSN Hotmail Plus accounts that are in good standing are exempt from automatic e-mail deletion due to inactivity.

Quote Originally Posted by jlin453
    just use gmail, a gig is nice
    Well seeing how you cannot just sign up for it, that isn't a very good suggestion.....
    x2 4400 (89w) CCBIE 0610 DPMW 296x10=2960mhz 1.5v
    xp90c *25c idle, 43c load*
    DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D *bios 11/14*
    2x512mb Mushkin xp4400 @ 296 2.5-4-4-8 2.7v
    connect3d x1900xt *cat 6.12*
    OCZ GameXStream 700-Watt
    74gb Raptor

yea gmail is good

Quote Originally Posted by iLLestOne
    Well seeing how you cannot just sign up for it, that isn't a very good suggestion.....
    -edited-
    Last edited by jlin453; 07-24-04 at 12:18 PM.

Gotta love Gmail. Theres also another site offering 1GB email addys and are competeing with Gmail. I will have to find the link.
    i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    Asus Rampage II GENE
    2x BFG GTX285
    6GB Crucial Dominator 1600
    Crucial 750TX

Help find cures for cancer by running Folding @ Home.

HEATWARE

that would be Spymac
    -Greg-

Asus G73JW: i7 740QM -- 8GB RAM -- OCZ Agility 2 80GB SSD -- 500GB HDD -- Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M
    HTPC: Gigabyte H55N-USB3 -- i3 540 -- G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws -- 500GB Hitachi -- 4TB Western Digital Green -- Sapphire 5770 Vapor X -- Corsair H50 -- SilverStone SUGO SG06
    My Heatware

www.walla.com is another place. Have not tried it yet but it does say 1GB email. Illegedly free too. Have to check into this more.
    ASUS P4P800Dlx. P4-2.8C running ;)
    2GB mem PC3200;x1650pro w512 ram and vg700 cooler
    3 Sycthe 800 rpm fans at 12v :sn:
    250GB,250gb,750gb Plextor 716a, and Samsung cd/dvd combo,Zalman 7700AlCu. Idle 86°F - load 118°F. Ambient 72°F :cool:
    Do you realize what we have discovered?? The background noise of the universe is a LAUGH TRACK!!

I was referring to walla. It works well, is alot like Gmail.
    i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    Asus Rampage II GENE
    2x BFG GTX285
    6GB Crucial Dominator 1600
    Crucial 750TX

Help find cures for cancer by running Folding @ Home.

HEATWARE

the best solutions is to just become the person in charge of your companies email and get as many gigs free that you want and make as many aco****s as you want MUAHAHAHHAHAAH!

¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part ©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸
    ¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© The trouble with life is there’s no background music ©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸
    ¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© Life isnt short, you're just dead for too long©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸