• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multiple HDD LEDs....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WejRepus

I want to set up an LED display down the right side of my case using ~15 blue LEDs. Is there a away that i can have then connected to flicker in groups corresponding to HDD use. I want it to work so that when i access C: lights 1,4,7,10,13 light up and when i access E: it uses 2,5,8,11,14 and so on for G:... is this possible. I just think it is lame for them all to be on at all times. if you can help with this or have other ideas, thanks...

Well I think your going to need a mobo that support's mutli HDD readouts... on my rig when any HDD is accessed the same light flickers.

You may be better off just makeing it blink a different way.

I remember reading that one pin on the hd, or wire on the ide cable. Is solely responsible for making led's light up during activity. I forget the amount of voltage it carried so you might not be able to do as many led's as you wanted but you should get some done. Basically all you would have to do is splice the ide cable to your led's and put the right resistors in place. I saw it on this forums try searching for it.

if you had maxtor drives and some huge cojones, you could solder some wire onto the tiny led found on the bottom of some of those drives pcbs and then wire the rest of your leds to that, but I wouldn't recommend that
and if you happen to have one of those drives being an optical drive you can just solder some wire to the legs of the led easy breezy

Back