• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just bought a 5900XT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t_biggs

I can't wait for Monday when I have a day off of work. I'll have my new Leadtek 5900 XT by then, and can play with it! Does anyone else have this card? How does it overclock? I'm hoping well, I read in a review it has Hynix memory, where most 5900 XTs have Samsung. Lets hope that holds true.

Anyways, I can't wait to get it. Once I do, then everything in my computer will, for the first time, be mine, and not hand me downs from my dad. :)

What did you upgrade from??? I would've waited for the prices of the 6800GT/X800pro to come down before I upgraded, or just get a eVGA 6800 NU 128mb for 290$. But the 5900XT is still a great card for todays standards. I think you can flash to a 5950 and OC from there, which is pretty much a 9800XT. That card will do great in doom 3 though, since nvidia always has the edge on openGL.

You have a good card, from what I've read the fx5900XT's are killer overclockers. Stock performance should be equal to a 9700Pro and if you get a good enough o/c expect to see performance numbers on par with the 9800XT.

for about the same price you could have gotten a 9800pro or you could have waited for the x800pro or 6800gt to come down in price

i dont think that the prices of the new cards will come down any time soon, but doom is coming with big steps :burn:

I'm very impressed with its performance already, and I haven't even gotten it. I ordered it around 1 on the 22nd. It shipped less than 2 hours later! Talk about fast! :burn:

i had a msi version of that card and the only problem i had about it was how big it was. it blocked my first memory dim and to take out or add memory to dimm #1 i had to take out the card everytime. does yours have the same problem too?

nocturnal714 said:
i had a msi version of that card and the only problem i had about it was how big it was. it blocked my first memory dim and to take out or add memory to dimm #1 i had to take out the card everytime. does yours have the same problem too?

I had a 5700Ultra that blocked the first dimm as well but I didnt mind because I wasnt taking out my memory very often.I dont see it as a problem.

Do what alot of people with 5900's do and flash it to a 5950 =) i got about 10k higher score on aquamark :)

Woo hoo! I just got the card today (and my new motherboard.) I've only had time to install the hardware, but nothing for drivers (I work too much... Someone want to go do my 12 hour shift tonight?) But anyways, the card has Hynix memory! I hope this thing overclocks like a monster. Hopefully I can flash it to a 5950 with no problems. Looks like I'm going to own 3DMark in my family for the first time... But now its only a matter of time before my dad has to get an Athlon 64 or X800.

Back