• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Memory Error when playing CS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrazyOleg

Registered
Error: "The instruction at [XXXX] referenced memory at [XXXX]. The memory could not be read."

That is the error I keep getting after about 2 minutes of playing Counter-Strike through steam. CS then quits automatically. I never got this error before and I have not changed anything on my computer. Anyone seen anything like this before? I primed my computer for about 8 hours with no errors so I should be stable. I want to test the memory and I know everyone likes to use memtest86, but what version do you use and how do I use it to test my memory. Sorry for being such a noob.

Thanks for the help guys. According to the steam forum, this problem is happining to lots of people. I went to my friends house and updated his steam and the same thing happened to him. So I am assuming that Steam is messed up and they need to fix that crap ASAP!!!!

Yeah, it happened in all of our scrims yesterday. Stupid bug needs to be fixed ASAP

I have had this problem as well, although not in CS.

It has only ever happened to me on one specific map in Warcraft III - weird, eh?

Back