• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward 6800GT Golden Sample

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despotes

Does anybody have any review links for this card or personal experience with it?
I just placed an order for this card and I'm curious how it performs.
I'm assuming it's pretty decent based on it's cooling and it's 2 power connectors. :beer: Gainward 6800GT

Thanks

I just got off the phone with Gainward USA and the person I was speaking to said the memory was rated at 1100Mhz and the core at 400Mhz. I'm not sure if (I should have been clearer) if she meant the speed it's capable of or that's the default clock speed.?? (Gainwards phone support no speak English well)
I found this card on E-Bay, but it has the memory speed at "900+Mhz". I'm considering cancelling my order.

Well people seem to be doing very well on memory oc on these cards and it has 2.0ns ram which is a little worse than the Ultra(1.6ns) but people seem to be doing very well with it.

THe 400mhz core I think is O/c but it should go further with the HS and fans I cant believe they would sell GTs set at Ultra speeds, then again it could what Gainward tests the cards to before the ship. This also aplies to memory I believe.

So this is a great becuase it is basically a GT on an Ultra layout that has been tested at Ultra speeds(If I read what you are saying corectly) or is at Ultra speeds fro Gainward(also likely) for GT cost or a little more. So this is a great deal.

Rock on and let us now how it does when you get it.

well, 2.0 ns equates to 500MHz. It's probably more like 1.8 ns which is around 550MHz. If only because most folks here have their GTs running at 400+ core and 550+ (1100DDR) memory clocks. I can get my GT RAM clocked to about 1180 or 1190 before she starts to artifact after long periods of gaming. At the 1150 in my sig, which is what I always run at, it never so much as hiccups.

Thanks for the replies.
To add more confusion here's a reply from Brian Cheng VP Sales;

"The memory clock for V680GTD6039 is 1300Mhz.
We have no knowledge who sells our card on eBay and why list it at 900Mhz.

The reason we don't publish clock speed in the website is simple. We don't want it to be a number competition on paper spec. Gainward's "Golden Sample" offers not only the over-clock speed, but also the guaranteed quality, stability and easy of use (overclock at default with Gainward's driver). As long as it is a "Golden Sample", it is best card you could get in terms of overall stability and performance."

EDIT: He has to be mistaken. I replied to his e-mail. I can't imagine the VP of Sales and Marketing would get the specs wrong. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Despotes said:
Does anybody have any review links for this card or personal experience with it?
I just placed an order for this card and I'm curious how it performs.
I'm assuming it's pretty decent based on it's cooling and it's 2 power connectors. :beer: Gainward 6800GT

Thanks
where is the 2nd power connector?

See link above "...2 available hard disk power dongle".

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
2 slots, Intel Pentium III, AMD or compatible CPUs, 64 MB RAM or more. Minimum 350 Watts system power supply AGP compliant motherboard supporting AGP4X or AGP8X, 2 available hard disk drive power dongle (smaller floppy disk drive connector is not sufficient).
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 98, Windows ME
* Windows 98 and ME doesn't support dual view now.

It certainly could be another mistake.

I got a reply back from Brian Cheng. He apologized for the typing error and that the regular 6800GT will be clocked at 1000Mhz and the Golden Sample will be clocked at 1100Mhz, 2.0ns.
Late next week they will be shipped from Gainward. :)

Back