• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dremel vs. dremel - watercooling mods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weapon

I recently burned up another dremel (the handheld model) so I promptly hauled arse up to the local hardware store to buy another one of the variable speed models. When I got there, I noticed a new version of the Dremel Advantage Rotary Saw kit that included a router attachment and the flex-shaft extension.

hmmm...it was a bit more money ($89) but it looked a little more heavy-duty. A quick side-by-side spec check produced an interesting discovery - the regular dremels (like the 395 model) have a 1.15amp motor where the Dremel Advantage rotary saw has a 4.5 amp motor - sold.

I got back to the house and quickly assembled it for a test run on a new waterblock base plate I was cutting out of C110 copper. No comparison - this sucker has one helluva lot more power than the regular models -- well worth the extra $$.

With the flex-shaft attached, it uses the same bits as the rest of the dremel line so more power to all of them. :)

Back