• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better Read! DO NOT POST ANY FREE IPOD OR PYRAMID SCAMS Or You Will Regret It

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
PLEASE NOTE, ANYONE THAT POSTS LINKS TO ANY TYPE OF PYRAMID SCHEME INCLUDING FREE IPODS, MAY RESULT IN A 3 DAY VACATION TO REFLECT ON THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS. smooch.gif

-END OF PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT-

Last edited:
Thanks, Sam. :clap: I am tired of seeing my beloved forums marred with this garbage.

Sam, I think it would be a good idea to post some rules in a sticky on this forum that ban referral links and this kind of 'deal.'

cursor said:
Thanks, Sam. :clap: I am tired of seeing my beloved forums marred with this garbage.

Sam, I think it would be a good idea to post some rules in a sticky on this forum that ban referral links and this kind of 'deal.'

I'm tired of deleting these daily, at present I only am concentrating keeping them out of this area of the forums as most appear here.

So honestly I haven't looked at these threads hardly when they were posted... If someone could inform me as to the bottom line here, I would appreciate it.

Is it that the deals were false, or that you would get the free IPOD, but you sell your soul to the spam demons?

wow thanks a lot but i dont understand the whole picture. you sign up and send money to other ppl to get more money??

It's basically the Ipod version of a chain-letter.

We had a few show up at my other favourite site, and I left one but locked it and changed the link, so it showed up at the scam reporting site.

Sam, as usual, thanks for the good work!!

steve

That is great that you are cracking down hard on them. We do not want or need that garbage here, not to mention that it is most likely illegal.

My opinion isn't going to be popular here, probably. Maybe I'm just naïve. But at the other forum I frequent, not only hasn't this deal been banned from their Hot Deals forum, it's been embraced by it.

It's not a pyramid scheme in the truest sense - you aren't required to give anything of yourself. For sure, I don't approve of the pyramid schemes where you send 5 dollars to someone and you're supposed to make $1203987123 in the end. If you sign up for the eBay referral, you don't have to give away your charge card number. EDITED BY SSS, DIDN'T I STATE I AM NOT GOING TO ALLOW THOSE LINKS? [/B] People have received free iPods, and I'm on my way to getting one. If I get one, I'll be sure to post pics and assure you all that this deal is in fact legit.

The company that runs freeipods.com, Gratis Internet, has resolved all complaints presented to it by the BBB. They also run and have ran many "deals" like this in the past, which I won't link to. I think it actually works because the amount of people who actually fulfill the required 5 referrals are slim compared to the number of people who peter out with 2 or 3. Gratis makes money off ad clicks, and they do these giveaways to get people to click their ads. It seems to work, or else they wouldn't be doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn... people still fall for those. Guess they havent had high school math. Nod on these forums clean, sucks because yahoo groups are starting to have this crap posted too. I actually had emailed back and forth with the owner of one site a long time ago, I asked him how it works as the 6th or 7th (i forget) level or so of the pyramid required more people than there was in the world. He argued with BS math, called me and idiot and continued to steal money. No such thing as a free lunch.

Back