• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better Read! DO NOT POST ANY FREE IPOD OR PYRAMID SCAMS Or You Will Regret It

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
David said:
Some might work out - but the opposite extreme is we get flooded with freeipod scheme links many of which not from members here.
I completely agree. I couldn't let myself spam a message board with it. I simply just messaged my friends on AIM or talked to people at work, wasn't really a problem to get only 5 people or whatever.

This is great read. I finally understood the "makeup catalog club" thing my cousin was into a few years back. I think it worked similarly to the pyramid scheme. They suppose to buy like 200 bucks of worthless makeups themselves when they join the club but the actual products hardly worth 200 bucks. So in essence is letting the catalog club riping them off first. So after that they can recoup their losses by signing new people. In essence introduce the club to new victims and themselves take a cut from these introductions. I guess a classic pyramid model.

Man sam, you should nuke this advertisement about free laptops over this radio station i have to listen to at work. they repeat the website 100 times, gets so annoying.

Sir yes Sir!! Although i don't use ipods.
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Agreed, they smell!

I just found this funny:

Meh, not as ironic as you might think since this isn't exactly what we are talking about here. That is more like what I hear on the radio for some bank. Open an account with them and get a GPS free and they tell you straight up. The 'scams' are the ones where they just say "free ipod" with garbage links to everywhere, submitting information all over the place etc. Ive actually cashed in on things like in that image with no issues. Check the article a few posts up for information on the scams :)

Back