• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just got my 2.8 SL6Z5 P4 today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice cpu dude keep going :D ya not even pushing it yet btw mine does 260 fsb everyday all day at 1.6 vcore i think one you have let it burn in a little 3.8 could well be within your reach at those temps

Are you just looking at you idle temps? If so, those don't matter at all for overclocking... get Prime 95 and make two copies of it (copy the folder and just name it something else) and run both at the same time. Because you have HT, you have to run Prime twice to really test your stability... and you'll get your actual load temps.

I'm guessing that your temps should be much higher than they are b/c I'm using a Thermalright slk-948 w/ AS5 and a 75 cfm Delta on my chip, with good cable organization and I'm getting 45°C load temps (33-34°C idle) @ a 25°C case temp. Here's a pic of my case if you want to actually see it LINK

Yes i know .I know i usally put idle, lightly loaded,or play games.At 243fsb /3.4ghz which is were i plan to keep it. Idle temps right now is showing 28c/case25c and i ran sandra burn in all night .when i came down this morning it was sitting at 39c.So i guess it pretty stable at 3.4Prime i know that everybodies favorite test but i dont want it on my pc.Funny thing is ABit boards usally report high temps.I dont have guru in stalled either.

gigabit said:
Yeah its at 1.5750 in bios but mbms is showing 1.59v.And for cooling i have a thermaltake polo 735 at 5700rpm's at the moment

hey gigabit i'm glad your overclock is going so well! is that 1.59 volts at load or idle? If that is idle what are your load temps?

Well i found my sweet spot on this cpu is 3.4 243 fsb on default vcore.But that 264 fsb temp was at idle and light loads.playing COD at that speed temps went way up 43c on compunurse and mbm5 was reading45c.I turnned the A/C on and after about 20 minutes temps dropped down like 3-4c to around 39-40c.

43C and you were worried?! hehe chip is rated to 70C don't panic yet! ;) 243 at stock? yowza! will it hold up at full load? Good luck keeping a nice high overclock!

Back