• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Food Preview

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
some more info about the graphics

We've also heard from various gaming mags that GTA: San Andreas includes several other visual improvements. It was said that the game features 30%-50% more polys than the previous game and that cars will gradually accumulate dirt depending on how long you've used the vehicle. Lighting and shadow effects have seen improvements as well. For instance, when you're in a car chased by a police helicopter, a searchlight will be pointed in your direction and when that happens, players will be able to see the reflections on their vehicles. The light also projects shadows accordingly to any object in the nearby area. The graphics engine has been revamped as well, allowing for an increased number of details in building interiors and greater draw distance outdoors. Hm, beefing up the visuals for a PS2 game seems like a tough task. Let's hope things work out okay, especially when they push the graphics even further on the PC and Xbox.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=385409

The only thing I dont like is how they are making it all 'gangster style'.

gingo said:

The preview I read, one of the guys at rockstar said its not really gang bangerish (or what ever you want to call it) once you get into it. Wish I could explain it better. Maybe later I will edit with the direct quote when I have more time.

gingo said:

In the first game, you work for the Italian Mafia, the Yakuza and drive around and shoot people or rob banks.

In the second game you begin a crime empire.

HOW could this game NOT be "gangster style" ?!

It's going to be set in an "west coast california - style" setting.... obviously that will be a big part of it.

Imperial said:
Not practical or possible.

Who said it was possible? If it was possible, it would have been done ages ago. And why wouldn't it be practical? I don't say use the monster and people models. You can just make the models and everything look much better than a rectangular block for a hand or just plain blue for water.. They could always customize it so it fits GTA's style... just like in Far Cry, you can change the modes (cartoon, paradise, default, etc.) The only problem (the problem that makes it impossible) is that it would require a beast system to run on with those huge maps and environemts.
I just like the idea of drooling over the graphics too, not only the gameplay and everything else. Just imaging how cool it would look to have the water the same as the one in Far Cry but customized to fit GTA's cartoonish style. That would be completely amazing but just as hard to do :mad:

GTA3 had an italian/russian style gangster feel to it, Vice City had a clumbian gangster feel to it, now San Andreas will have an american gangster feel to it ;)

Yeah I know i can't spell, 50 hours without sleep

But I'm gonna miss the original feel to it :( oh well.

The GTA games are so addicting. They get in your head too. Every time i saw a motorcycle in real life after I had played a few hours of GTA3:VC I had an instinct to want to hit the bike and knock the guy off it and then ride off on the bike.... Bad Bad Bad ideas....

i lvoed getting 6 star in vice city and steeling tanks - but it get boring being invincible more or less after a while.

Back