• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Food Preview

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lat

''You'd be hard-pressed to find a game more eagerly anticipated than Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. From the information on the game that's trickled out so far, it seems that San Andreas will continue to evolve the simple but ultimately revolutionary free-roaming mission-based system that was introduced in GTA III. But Rockstar North is aiming to do more than simply offer the same kind of experience we've played before in the upcoming San Andreas. The game will take a dramatic departure from the previous entries in the series and will borrow liberally from both traditional Japanese dating sims and turn-based strategy games to create a new gameplay hybrid that--OK, no. Rockstar North is savvy enough to know that it can't rest on its laurels, but the team isn't insane either. ''

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/preview_6103350.html

kind of makes it sim-ish, which isn't really desirable (in my opinion) in a gta style of game, but a unique feature nonetheless...
watch me make an obese cj :p waddle waddle waddle

I read a big preview in Game Informer and the tweaks/additions seemed really great. It didn't mention any dating sim stuff though. I hope they don't screw up the game trying too hard to make it cool. Rockstar has always struck me as trying too hard to be cool or trendy.

Have they updated the graphics for this surely? I have been playing far cry like many of us the graphics are impressive anyone know if they have moved on from VICE CITY for this installment, i was playing vice city and the graphics look a bit dated.

from the screen shots and stuff, it doesn't look like the graphics are going to be very improved from vice city...

then again, the game city/ies are supposedly 5-7 times as big as vice city...so...yeah...
i'm sure it'll still be amazingly good and fun

BRIMCV said:
well at least that compensated due to the 3 cities and depth of the game

definately...the depth + freedom are the best part about gta, not the graphics

there's an entire highway system in gta:sa
i sooo want to play it :temper:

Same engine, but tweaked a bit. Its for the PS2, so I guess they figure changing engines would be pointless even though it will be ported.

the "graphics' are all apart of the game - i dont think GTA SA would be the same if it was some realistic type of engine

not necessarily...you could tweak some of the stuff to make it look a bit cartoonish, but the graphics would be sooo sweet...

i don't know if our rigs today will be able to run it with such a huge city though...mmm, doom 3 graphics in a huge huge map

^^ it certainly is - mianly because you can do what ever you want - your not very limited by boundaries :)

termin@tor said:
The graphics don't looks so good. Imagine GTA with the Doom III engine!! :eek: :drool:
That'll make it officially the best game of all time!

Not practical or possible.

Back