• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Internet Browser do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What Internet Browser Do you use most?

• Microsoft Internet Explorer

Votes: 99 18.7%
  • Mozilla/Firefox

Votes: 353 66.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 45 8.5%
  • Netscape

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Konqueror

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • MyIE2

Votes: 17 3.2%
  • Avant

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • AoL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
safronz said:
I use mozilla mostly - too lazy to upgrade to firefox atm. But you also need IE because sometimes mozilla doesn't allow for certain things unless you install some of the plug-ins...which can be a pain in the butt.

Jenko: The thing I LOVE about Mozilla/Firefox (I assume firefox does..) is they have a nicer way of surfing the web - you can tab the websites and have multiple sites open all on one page, so you don't fill up your task bar with a whole lot of crap. Also if you hold ctrl and click on a link that's on a page - it will open the link on a different tab, so that you don't have to leave the site you are currently on. It's just got a lot of nice features that keep your task bar clean and your surfing easy :)

myIE2/maxthon user here
and fyi, tabbed browsing isn't much of a unique feature as it is a popularly used commodity with most browsers, including myIE2/maxthon.

To keep it short of my opinions,
1. I feel no sluggish effects on any browser
2. I like the few plugins maxthon is bundled with while FF has too many plugins I believe are essential that require searching and downloading
3. maxthon runs into no errors with some websites FF does

the only sidenote I really have is that I like Opera's search feature using a letter before a search in the address bar to specify where you want to search (ex. amazon, newegg, google)

Just switched to Mozilla about 2 weeks ago and so far I am loving it. Its a bit different than what I am used to with IE, but it seems to be working great and I havent really encountered any real bugs and I cant overlook. And after reading in PC World magazine that Mozilla isnt as succeptable to spyware and some viruses I was sold isntantly.

=\
ran into 1 site that wouldn't load for some reason, although IE could. Oh well, 1 URL in 1.5 years ain't bad =P

I have just converted to firefox from i.e6, since doing so not 1 pop up and the tabbed browsing is excellent.

Radical said:
Yeah, the worst aspect of AOL is that it's browser uses TONS of resources, and you can't use another browser unless you've got the AOL browser open.

I use IE6.

yeah i got (AOL 9.0 UK) and it comes with a little dial program so you dont have to open up there browser but i think its only for broadband DSL, but yeah the browser hogs the system that why i use IE6

I just recently started trying out Konqueror with a Linux based CD operating system called Knoppix. The entire operating system is loaded and run from the CD and if you want there is no involvement with your hard drives. I do not use this all the time but it seems extremely secure. I might start using this more often. no more worries of virus, worms or spyware taking up space on my hard drives or damaging the system. If something does happen, I can just reboot and everything is fresh and new again! :p

Last edited:
Microsoft Internet Explorer...I have had problems with other stuff, plus I need the alexa toolbar.

Oh...I hate how it does not save messages in text boxes though....

switch to firefox this summer and I have never looked back. I was a IE fan until I got firefox.

I have converted even more die hard IE fans into switching to firefox and they have never look back since then either

Avant Browser is my all-time favorite! I never did like FireFox, not enough options and cool perks to play around with. My vote goes with Avant!

Back