• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Internet Browser do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What Internet Browser Do you use most?

• Microsoft Internet Explorer

Votes: 99 18.7%
  • Mozilla/Firefox

Votes: 353 66.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 45 8.5%
  • Netscape

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Konqueror

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • MyIE2

Votes: 17 3.2%
  • Avant

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • AoL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
I have tried SlimBrowser, Firefox, AvantBrowser, and MyIE2. I could not get used to the big buttons in Firefox. Now I use MyIE2. It has tabs, popup blocking, quicksearch (google search by typing "g whatever" in the address bar), URL shortcuts (type "raf" instead of "http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~renalert/forum/index.php"), and, best of all, IN-PAGE ad blocking. That's right. It will even remove banner ads from pages. For example, instead of seeing an ad in the top right of this page, I see a big white box.
Also, it has a Flash Save plugin so I can save SWF files to my hard drive!
I love tabs! Tabs rule, windows drool!

Edit: Even better still is the UNDO button. Ever accidentally close a tabe that you wanted open? Simply press UNDO and it will open again! Although the window will have lost its back pages, it's still a very useful feature!
Also, MyIE2 saves a list of the tabs you have open, so if you close MyIE2 or your computer crashes, you can go right back to the pages you had open!

EDIT: I have switched to Firefox after finding the right extensions to make it act similar -- but BETTER! Undo Close Tab even saves history!

Last edited:
I love Firefox 1.0PR. Since that version came out, I find myself using it more and more. But there are still time when I have to use IE. :burn:

Firefox is great, but there was an issue with loss of files. My brother had this happen to him, and there have been a few cases with people losing up to 15 gigs of data when uninstalling firefox or otherwise. They fixed this problem, I think the older version of firefox has a popup that prompts to download the fix.

I like MyIE2, now known as Maxthon, but I hate the fast that it is only a shell for IE because IE is filled with all kinds of problems. I have managed to install enough plugins to Firefox to get it to emulate some other features of MyIE2. Feature like the movable tabbed browsing where I can move and rearrange window tabs. I will probably me moving back to Firefox cause IE still needs work.

I only wish that more companies provided more support for the non-IE browsers considering most of them are so much better than M$'s IE crap.

someday...it will happen....

I've always liked Opera and have used FireFox, which was also very nice (still have both installed), but I still use IE for the most part. Just seems as there's always some sites that require it to open properly, causing me to default back.

For linux, it's always Mozilla.

I like toy use Firefox except for when I'm going to a site that has some kind of media built into it and needs plugin xyz that Firefox can't identify or when you DL it, it doesn't work. I then turn to IE. Firefox=nice, fun IE=100%compatibility

Boomstick said:
Avant blocks pop-ups. And if you want Acitve-X, Flash, java, ad's, and more. Plus it has mouse functions, tabbed browsing, and a record(history) cleaner. None of those 'bugs' like with the other browsers, as it is a robust shell for IE. All of this is built in. No need to find/download/install plugins or whatever they call 'em.

So everyone knows Avant IS IE! its just a front end. and not a different browser.

ive always used IE on windoes and Konquerer on linux, ive always used KDE as well so i dont know the default on gnome as someone asked earlier:p although it may have already been replied to since i skipped 3 pages to post here

im installing firefox right now to see if my site looks good in it, hopefully i dont need to change much to get it compatible lol

heres some trouble... no media player plugin?
firefoxtrouble.JPG

firefoxtrouble2.JPG

Last edited:
I use Opera, because the tabs rule. I haven't tried Firefox though. What's so good about it?

Back