• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Internet Browser do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What Internet Browser Do you use most?

• Microsoft Internet Explorer

Votes: 99 18.7%
  • Mozilla/Firefox

Votes: 353 66.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 45 8.5%
  • Netscape

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Konqueror

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • MyIE2

Votes: 17 3.2%
  • Avant

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • AoL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
aol is a browser? i thought it just used whatever your default browser is.

been using fox for a long time.

Lightningfrog (oops I mean FireFox) here too. I've used it for several years now, from back when it was still just mozilla and I couldn't be happier. I always hated IE, never really felt comfortable with opera, Netscape was IE in disguise (at least to me) and Konqueror didn't seem robust enough. So no matter which OS I'm in, the browser never changes.

DWolf:cool:

PS Some other threads on browsers can be found
here
and
here

If you want more than that do a forums search on browser.

Last edited:
b0bby said:

Yeah, the worst aspect of AOL is that it's browser uses TONS of resources, and you can't use another browser unless you've got the AOL browser open.

I use IE6.

legendary said:
Mozilla is my default browser, but will use IE if I encounter a website that doesn't display properly with Mozilla.

i hate when this happens. like my university website that i go on many times a day doesn't support firefox what so ever and im forced to open IE. blah i need to contact someone about changing this.

I started using firefox just this week and I love it :clap:

If I have problems with a website though I open up IE6. Oh I'll throw in 2 more votes, my dad uses Opera as his browser of choice and my best friend also uses Opera.

If you guys will post the most used browsers in a list, I'll turn this into a poll.

b0bby said:

Yes it is, and it is a very lousy one at that. AOL will allow to use your default browser. But, there should be a warning on the screen that reads, "Does Not Play Well With Others" If you have AOL software on your machine, it probably does not run as well as it could if it had not been installed.

Mozilla FireFox

and don't forget people...ThunderBird is an excellent product as well.

JoT said:
If you guys will post the most used browsers in a list, I'll turn this into a poll.

OK

Microsoft Internet Explorer
Mozilla/Firefox
Opera
Netscape
Konquerror (linux)
MyIE2
Avant
AOL

In the threads I've read these seem to be those most chosen, though a catagory of other should probably be included for the new and/or little know browsers.

DWolf:cool:

PS Whats the default browser in Gnome, I've always used KDE??

Last edited:
Firefox/Thunderbird combo for me. Though i must confess i use outlook 2003 as a calender adn stoo do list cause i have an hp ipaq which is nt compatible with any other pv program

Back