• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7/S rev2.0 : D25 Modded bios by -=Merlin=-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just flashed to the cpc on version of the BIOS. Here are my results.
Trat's D24: cpu arith. 9599/3981 multi. 23856/25357 mem band. 3138/2880
D25 cpc on: cpu arith 9637/3997 multi. 23950/25580 mem band. 3433/3101
D24 cpc off cpu arith same as D24 mult. same as D24 mem band. 3313/2958

These were taken at 230*11 and were prime stable. The ram is Kingston pc2700 as seen in sig. Running 3-4-4-11 ( Haven't tried to lower timings yet). The biggest boost was seen in the cpc on version of D25, shown in a small boost in cpu performance and a huge 300/220 boost in memory bandwidth. Woot :attn: thank you Merlin and good job. You did something right with my ram in mind.

My overclock hasn't increased a whole lot, but temperatures a limiting me right now. I'm going to buy a SP-97 and continue testing. Great BIOS though.

Last edited:
enduro said:
BTW, if you guys want to watch for a cpc off D25 here's the original forum thread.
PCPerspective

Hmm your 230CPC off memory bandwidth seems a little low. Mine is only 233 and get 3525/3318. Maybe you should try to tighten up the timings if you can, otherwise those are amazing speeds for Pc2700, what kinda chips are on that thing?

Some kind of Hynix chip. I bought it a while back with an HP computer. Took the ram out of the HP and have been overclocking it ever since. Even OCZ's ram can't always claim to have a 64 Mhz overclock. This ram really is pretty incredible. I'd take a picture of the ram, but I'm sure the chip is gone by now. I bought the computer in March, and who knows when HP bought it. I remember looking at it, and there wasn't anything prominent like D43 or anything on it. I'm going to be giving it to my little bro here pretty soon though. I'm going to be buying a gig of OCZ 3500 EB. Can't wait for that stuff to come. It's kind of sad to retire memory that has overclocked this far, but I'm expecting that it has come pretty close to it's limit. I haven't seen ram out today that has passed a 75 Mhz overclock, so I'm pretty happy with 64.

with this CPC ON (d25cpconrev2d) bios I can run 250FSB stable...and I tested...it is CPC on. Before I could ONLY run 250FSB with CPC OFF. Hell, with CPC ON and 250FSB windows wansnt even stable with any other CPC ON bios.

yazz88 said:
with this CPC ON (d25cpconrev2d) bios I can run 250FSB stable...and I tested...it is CPC on. Before I could ONLY run 250FSB with CPC OFF. Hell, with CPC ON and 250FSB windows wansnt even stable with any other CPC ON bios.

What ram are you using on that? got any system specs? that's a real good fsb.

Within the next few days I'm going to try this bios and see how high I can get with my BH-5 :santa:

I flashed to 2D. I really don't know the diff between 1D and 2D tbh. Is it the SATA driver?

HousERaT said:
What ram are you using on that? got any system specs? that's a real good fsb.

kingmax hardcore PC4000 (yes, double sided). nf7-s. xpm @ 2.5ghz 10x250.

is this guy the real tic tac? if so, why is his name different and by does it say by Merlin in the title? As of now, I would stay w/ trat's D24 bios for the newer revision NF7's.

Yes, lemak is Tictac. And I'm betting that tictac posted this thread because Merlin has been having hosting problems while tictac has a good host, so that everyone here can download the bios.

(yes, double sided)
:p Yeah, that pc2700 that I have running at 230. Guess what. Double sided ;)

100mbHD said:
is this guy the real tic tac? if so, why is his name different and by does it say by Merlin in the title? As of now, I would stay w/ trat's D24 bios for the newer revision NF7's.
which d24 bios are you talking about 100mb? got a link?

pershoot said:
this should solve your FSB woes Sen:
(trats d24) http://abducted.henslfuk.nl/files/bios/d24_4227_edc18.bin.zip

Includes:
Command Per Clock: Disabled patch ->
Similar registers as DFI's CPC Off. The gang at pc perspective are workin' it out so it works the same as DFI's CPC effectively:)

200MHZ chipset timing is used, regardless of the CPU, or L12 forced FSB.

DFI Infinity table (12/18?)

Nvidia BPL 3.19 (newest)

-------------------

Observations:

Needed to clear CMOS for 5-10 minutes after flashing. It appeared to have worked better (i was coming from d22 BK A1).

Able to now POST, boot and run windows successfully from 1.4v to 1.7v chipset voltage.

No more freezing at high FSB.

Able to now reach memory's limit (15-20 min. prime PASS) up to and including multiplier 11.5x (CPU probably maxed out.. didnt want to give past 1.9 or so on air (summer; temps were gettin up there past that, ha)..

Able to POST, boot and run windows successfully past memory's limit (1-2 min. prime failed).

CPU Interface must stay enabled at high FSB (no POST if Disabled).

Sandra: Trivial loss in throughput (~3-5mb/s Memory Int. Buffered & ~10mb/s Float Buffered; ~15-20 Dhrystone CPU Arithmetic) in comparison to prior d22 bios.

Temperature: Definitely Mis Aligned (defiitely a D24 Abit issue). Off by ~3-4c or so at times, and other times it is dead on accurate (compared to d22)

Reference:
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=321763
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=324299

Enjoy:)

pershoot.

This thread was taken from the famous "sen's 2400+ 35W mobile review. If you'd like, i can give you the exact link to that thread.

If someone wants to email me that bios I will try it out.
ocinek[at]gmail.com
Can't download it because of LAN restrictions here.

Back