• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7/S rev2.0 : D25 Modded bios by -=Merlin=-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BACK!
Woot. Bios is working great so far.

I gained 210 points in Sandra memory benchmark (my old bios was trat d24).
Have not tried overclocking (more) yet, but it seems very stable.

BTW I am using:
D25 rev.2.0.0C 01.08.2004 Cpc Off 3.19 Bpl by -=Merlin=-

There are a few less options in the bios... but none of which I miss (such as FAN FAIL protection). There is also a very cool "POWERED BY Athlon & Abit" Logo now when I boot and it says NF7 rev.2.0.0C 01.08.2004 by -=Merlin=-

Time for 3DMark test and then some higher overclocking. So far I would take this over Trat's D24.

-Nico

Im back.
This BIOS is a keeper. This is very similar to trat's bios. In terms of overclocking.. I can't say if it will give you a higher overall overclock, but with this BIOS I was able to bump down my mult by .5 and raise my FSB which helped benchmarks a bit. Both my memory and CPU are maxxed out so I can't go any higher on the speed.
The bios does do very high FSB's though and even if you hit an FSB wall, I am sure you can surpass it by a few MHz with this BIOS.

I will be doing some P95 overnight at 2.9GHz to see how that turns out.

Also I may be mistaken, but I don't remember my memory going up to 2.9v on MBM... it seems like I can put more voltage to the memory without any vmods.

If I find anything more worth mentioning I will post back here

-Nico

ive tried this bios, it seemed to lower my board's max.... so it wasnt stable at 240 like abit d10 and d10 beta 4 turbo by tictac.

Archangel4life said:
ive tried this bios, it seemed to lower my board's max.... so it wasnt stable at 240 like abit d10 and d10 beta 4 turbo by tictac.
You got to 240 with the bios that came with the board? :drool:

Something that is barely worth mentioning because it wasn't stable, but it is an interesting fact. I can now run my pc2700 ram up to a 255 fsb and still boot into Windows, even though it fails prime in one min. I couldn't boot at 240 before. So it helped in allowing my ram to go higher, but it really didn't do much, because it didn't raise my stability. I think I need to buy the DDR Booster and see if that would help out.

or just buy faster then PC2700 ram.
Yeah, no kidding. I was about to buy some ram from Sean, but...... my transmission just died on my wrangler, and the repair( I have to replace the clutch too) is going to cost about 1400 bucks, so it's a no-go on the ram right now.
Oh, and Merlin. Good job on the BIOS man. I've been really happy with it so far. If you are working on a CPC off version, I can't wait to try it, especially if it's as good as your on version. Great job.

hey sent, is the turbo 4x4 the same as the beta 4 turbo bios by tictac?

BTW, just tried 2 cpc disabled bioses, this d25 merlin coc off and the d24 cpc off... both were muuuuuuch less stable @ 240 fsb compared to this d10 beta 4 turbo and the stock abit d10.

Last edited:
it seems like results vary depening on how new/old your board is, and what type of ram you are using.

so the good ones so far are:

Trats D24
D10 Beta4/4x4 Turbo
Merlin D25 (which one tested better, CPC ON or OFF?)

Can anybody test these out and compare. also state which ram you have, this makes a big difference. Sen pointed out that Trats D24 worked wonders for his hynix bt-d43 chips, but did horrible with his -5B C, and that is why he went to tictac D10 4x4 Turbo.

Back