• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7/S rev2.0 : D25 Modded bios by -=Merlin=-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ypgm sen? i dont know... what that means..

what i do know, tho, is that with my pc 3500 eb ( micron? )

d10 beta 4 turbo, is the best.

i kinda wonder what my chips are, but i dont want to take the heatspeaders off, ill scratch stuff.

that, and that ocz says they dont necessarily use micron chips. thats what i read.

The D25 CPC off is amazing. Better 3D stability at higher FSBs. And my bandwidth Efficiency is up to 96%/90% which i haven't seen since CPC on.
Here's a dry run. Timings are 2.5,2,2,8

Attachments

• D25.jpg
    D25.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 352
I've reflashed tictac's D10 4x4 turbo.

I'm running stable again at 230 at 2.5-3-2-8. Something I couldn't do with Merlin's D25, CPC on or CPC off.

Oh well.

I'm confused like hell :bang head

Can I use this bios: "D25 rev.2.0.0C 01.08.2004 Cpc Off 3.19 Bpl by -=Merlin=-" on my Abit NF7-S Rev. 1.2 motherboard?

NO, any bios that you see that has a "D" in its name is not for use with the older revision boards, only the 2.0's.

Im 100% positive. Ive gone thru all the BIOS, and I think people will agree. If you are OCing an NF7 you fall under 2 catagoies depending on your RAM.

Nonstandard: Winbond varients BH5,CH5,BH6. Micron, and low latency RAM in general

Industry Standard: Hynix, Infineon, Samsung, Elipidia, Adata, Generic. High latency RAM

If you are using non-standard RAM, use a D10 varient with CPC on, *not off*. Non-standard RAM does horribly with CPC off.

However if you are using Industy-standard RAM, use D2x series. Standard RAM does horribly with D10. Also, use a CPC off BIOS for high speed RAM, it yeilds fantastic results.

Best BIOS:

For BH5, CH5, BH6, and mT -5BC (OCZ's EB) the very best BIOS is either: Tictac's D10 Beta4 Turbo, or Tictac's D10 Beta 4x4 Turbo.

For Samsung TCCC / TCCD and Hynix BTD43 / D50 varients. The very best BIOS is Trat's D24 with CPC off. Honerable mentions include Tictac's D23 Sub-Zer0, 3Dfire, and D22 Alpha1 Betaking Turbo.

enduro said:
The third category that Sen. forgot to mention was Enduro's ram that likes Merlin D25 2D. Go Merlin ;)

actually if you reread his post, he was right. you fit into the industry standard ram liking the d2X variants.

Archangel4life said:
actually if you reread his post, he was right. you fit into the industry standard ram liking the d2X variants.

Exactally, Hynix, is by far the most industry standard RAM available. Its in every Dell box, and is the favorite of almost every OEM retailer.

So the D25 Merlin seems to be performing quiet well with industry standard ram, sen, I understand that it will not be good for you, as u have mT.

I have a few questions, on my NF7-S. 1.) what should I have 'CPU Interface' set to? 2.) Should I disable 'Thermal Throttling'? 3.) I have had FSB/RAM frequency to auto and it has been doing 1:1 fine. But if I want to manually set it, there is not 1:1 frequency. All i see is 3:3, 4:4, 5:5, and 6:6. would these all be fine? Thanks.

100mbHD said:
I have a few questions, on my NF7-S. 1.) what should I have 'CPU Interface' set to? 2.) Should I disable 'Thermal Throttling'? 3.) I have had FSB/RAM frequency to auto and it has been doing 1:1 fine. But if I want to manually set it, there is not 1:1 frequency. All i see is 3:3, 4:4, 5:5, and 6:6. would these all be fine? Thanks.

Thermal throttling = off if you're overclocking
6:6 ratio is good, but yes all those would be fine.

Back