• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrading from audigy to audigy 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i have an opportunity to get an audigy 2 for 40shipped. im running audigy 2zs drivers on my regular audigy right now and have read that the diff in quality is negligible since im using these drivers. im just wanting to know if it'll be worth the upgrade. it'll prolly cost me about 15 in the end to upgrade since i'll sell my old card.

edit: btw im using a decent set of cans, sennheiser hd280pros.

Last edited:
Indeed worth the upgrade. My friend has an audigy2zs and I had him bring his pc over to hook up to my system to see myself if it was worth upgrading from the audigy1 and let me tell you, the sound has more power depth and clarity with the audigy2zs than with the audigy 1.

but what about the regular audigy 2. i just remember a forum member said that i probably wouldnt notice the difference since im running zs drivers, but i am kinda skeptical because it doesnt make up for acutal hardware advances.

I've used the hacked audigy2zs drivers on my audigy, and I didn't notice any better sound, infact it broke my ability to play far cry so I went back to the regular drivers. I can't speak for the regular audigy2 as I have not heard one in action.

There is no difference between the "regular" Audigy 2 and the Audigy 2 ZS, except 7.1 support. I bought my Audigy 2 OEM used for $50 last November and I love it. IMO, there's no reason to go with the ZS, unless you have a 7.1 speaker setup.

Back